• You liked BFD7 now you should join this forum and of course become a club member to see what CCA is all about.
  • Thank you to everyone who registered and showed up for the BIG Fish Deal #7.

Cicadas!!!

Becca

Members
I feed them whole to my Fahaka puffer, when I can find them. We don't have a lot here, for whatever reason. I had been planning to freeze them and use them in the Discus food in place of shrimp. I'd imagine you can just toss them in a food processor with other ingredients and freeze it in cubes.

lock jaw

CCA Members
Oh so you haven't seen trees like these? Walking the dog these days is a challenge.

received_296417572178085.jpeg

20210607_172432.jpg

20210607_171729.jpg

Last edited:

jonclark96

Past CCA President
Surprisingly to me, we don't have many cicadas in southern Frederick County either, and I'm not far from Becca. I had to travel over to Laurel for a work meeting earlier this week, and it was like an entire different place, cicada wise. Those things sure make a mess of your windshield at 65 mph!

lock jaw

CCA Members
Surprisingly to me, we don't have many cicadas in southern Frederick County either, and I'm not far from Becca. I had to travel over to Laurel for a work meeting earlier this week, and it was like an entire different place, cicada wise. Those things sure make a mess of your windshield at 65 mph!
Its cause they are all in North Frederick.. lol

Becca

Members
Yeah, we're a desert in Damascus, and Mt. Airy. I didn't see any when I was in Urbana, either.