• You liked BFD7 now you should join this forum and of course become a club member to see what CCA is all about.
  • Thank you to everyone who registered and showed up for the BIG Fish Deal #7.

CCA Microscope needs a new home

Becca

Members
The club microscope needs to leave my house. We're doing some work in the house and I need to clear out space.

I could drop off with someone local (Germantown, Damascus, Clarksburg) to me could take it and store it, unless someone further in way wants to pick it up.

JLW

CCA Members
No, it's a loaner -- you pick it up from whomever is storing it and either return it, or pass it on to the next person.

It should probably be in the CCA Storage unit with the rest of the stuff, rather than in any member's possession for prolonged periods. Its an open door for problems for items to get stored and passed around members -- things get lost, clubs lose track of it, etc. Plus, what happens if its damaged while being stored by a member (due to something out of their control) or if that member simply leaves the club, and is impossible to contact again (which I've seen happen with clubs and items).

Marz

Administrator
Staff member
That makes sense. If it belongs to the club then all club members should be able to use it, but having a small lab facility in a personal space for club members to use can be challenging. Does CCA have a storage unit?

Becca

Members
That makes sense. If it belongs to the club then all club members should be able to use it, but having a small lab facility in a personal space for club members to use can be challenging. Does CCA have a storage unit?

I'm not sure if we have a storage unit. I know the board asked me to "return" it when I left the BOD, but did not give me any options for who would take it off my hands. I would like it out of my house because the odds of it getting lost or buried in the attic during construction are pretty high.

chriscoli

Administrator
it lived at my house for a while, I'm happy to take it back. I do use it occasionally and it'll be available for anyone else that needs it.

Scraps

Super Genius
Staff member
Will you be in gburg this week?
can you drop it off at my front door this week?

Becca

Members
Will you be in gburg this week?
can you drop it off at my front door this week?
No. It's proposal season at work and the kids have practices every evening this week. I do not have time. If you need it for something, you're welcome to come get it.

Scraps

Super Genius
Staff member
oh, I thought from your thread you started that it had to be out of your home for your reno. Bring it to the first meeting that you can attend then, unless someone else lives near you to grab it.

Becca

Members
oh, I thought from your thread you started that it had to be out of your home for your reno. Bring it to the first meeting that you can attend then, unless someone else lives near you to grab it.
Reno was delayed but should start this month. My kids have Saturday games through the end of the fall and I'm not sure if/when I'll attend future meetings

Marz

Administrator
Staff member

Becca Becca , I can pick it up.