• You liked BFD7 now you should join this forum and of course become a club member to see what CCA is all about.
  • Thank you to everyone who registered and showed up for the BIG Fish Deal #7.

Cca First Annual Show!

Naaa, Its wide open.
Besides, the fish that won at the fist catfish convention lost an eye.
Then the fish that won the next year is gone.
I have to start over.........

Albino eurekas are too small and grow too slow. If I start now they might be ready for 08[/b]

Well, in that case...I may try to get three fish ready for the big show. Of course I may have to evict some juvies to make room for the "green room" for them. :rolleyes:

Theresa_M

Members
trophy.gif
trophy.gif
trophy.gif

Just practicing lol

marge618

CCA member
Hi! This is the first fish show that I have attended.. and the first fish show where I might show a fish. So how does this work Will the tanks be set up for us before we get there... and we have to bring gallons of water to make our fish feel 'at home' for ph and hardness...???

Still no fish smilies in my reply.. I tried going to the fishaholics and "copy" "paste" oh well... Then copied one from Theresa's post. There must be an easier way to do this.

Marge

fishorangeswimming.gif

Pat Kelly

CCA Member
Staff member
The tanks will be set up with water if we get enough workers.

I personally bring some water from the house to put into the tanks. You will need any chemicals that you treat your water with.
I always take a bucket, drain hose, some water, chemicals, net to catch the fish when done, bags, rubber bands, owel, and a thermometer to check the temperature

No glass cleaners will be allowed in room.

Do not feed your fish for a couple of days prior to clean them out. There will be air stones in the tanks. No filters.

There will be a specific time that you must have the fish in the tank by.
There will be a specific time that you must have the fish out of the tank by.

SubMariner

Master Jedi & Past VP
My question is, will the fish that I choose to show have to be breed by me? Also, can I show a fish that I purchased from someone else? I have some gorgeous fish that I purchased from other breeders and stores, but are they eligible?

I do have some baby fry that might be ready by October, but who knows?

Are there size requirements?

If someone can be so kind in letting me know what the rules and regulations are, that would be great.

Thanx,

Submariner

PS. I thought us African Cichlid owners were on the side of the FORCE and everyone else was on the darkside. :angel2:

maddog10

Members
Fish can come from...where ever! Bought, bred, stolen (you get the picture). You would probably want to bring a fish that is showing its adult (or maybe breeding) colors. Young fish may not show well enough, but it is up to you. No size requirement, but if you are bringing a monster you might want to make arrangements to have a large tank at the show.

Spine

Members
Pat,
I dont have the Biotope issue with your article about preparing fish for a show. Any chance of a reprint online? I would also like to know where can we find out the rules for the fish show.

Thanks

fishboy11

Members
While i can't come to this show, i will be at 2007 OCA and 2008 ACA. At the OCA hopefully i will be bringing my AER and ngara male, along with a surprise. And then at the ACA the same fish plus my lithobates male.