• You liked BFD7 now you should join this forum and of course become a club member to see what CCA is all about.
  • Thank you to everyone who registered and showed up for the BIG Fish Deal #7.

CatCon Tank Setup

DiscusnAfricans

Past President
The All-Aquarium Catfish Convention is coming up in a few short weeks!

Throughout the hotel, there will be several tanks set up to display examples of member's tanks.

PVAS has asked if we'd like to set up a tank in the hotel, they'd prefer a cichlid tank because they're generally underrepresented by their club, and it's our specialty of course.

This isn't a contest, just setting up tanks for the enjoyment of attendees to view during their convention attendance.

Would anyone be able to volunteer setting up a tank in the hotel? It could be set up as early as Thursday evening (October 4th). The event is being held at the Hyatt Dulles in Herndon VA.

See website below for more details. Feel free to ask me any questions, or I can put you in touch with the PVAS President, or other convention staff.

http://www.catfishcon.com/

Becca

Members
If someone else provides the tank and equipment, I could possibly do it on Friday. I have some limited amount of extra hardscape, plus some extra Apistos and Crenicara, as well as other S.A. fish (including catfish). If there's someone closer who could do it, that would be better.

I could probably talk GWAPA and Tannin into donating some wood and botanicals.

FishEggs

If I can get someone to take my week being on-call I can set one up if I get some help moving the tank. Unless they are looking for the typical African rift lakes cichlid tank. I dont have those.

DiscusnAfricans

Past President
Becca - thanks for the offer, we'll see if anyone else has an easier way to make a full commitment, and go from there.

Matt - thanks for the offer, let us know if you end up with availability. They have no expectations for type/setup of tank, and they'd probably let us set up multiple tanks if more than one person is able.

Becca

Members
Becca - thanks for the offer, we'll see if anyone else has an easier way to make a full commitment, and go from there.

Matt - thanks for the offer, let us know if you end up with availability. They have no expectations for type/setup of tank, and they'd probably let us set up multiple tanks if more than one person is able.

I actually won't be able to do this (even if someone can loan out a tank, etc.) because the public schools are only open half-day that day. If anyone saw me trying to help set up for BFD with my 5 y/o in tow, you'll know why this is a lost cause.

mchambers

Former CCA member
I actually won't be able to do this (even if someone can loan out a tank, etc.) because the public schools are only open half-day that day. If anyone saw me trying to help set up for BFD with my 5 y/o in tow, you'll know why this is a lost cause.
You mean, saw your 5 y/o with you in tow!

DiscusnAfricans

Past President
I'll see if I have a tank that's OK to bring. Do we also need to provide our own stand?
Appreciate it. Patchin said anything up to a 30B could be accommodated on a table, but people can bring their own stand if they want. There are several potential locations for a setup, specifics can be worked out with her and/or Andrew B. Let me know if you need their contact information.

chriscoli

Administrator
I can give them a holler. Let me see if I have a not-so-nasty tank I can use first.

I suspect even a tank with some multis would be appreciated. Also, I'm sure they wouldn't mind if someone were to display a tank with fish that were for sale at the end of the event.

FishEggs

I was unable to convince anyone to take the on-call phone this week so unfortunately i will be unable to set up a tank or attend the event.:(:mad::(

DiscusnAfricans

Past President
I can give them a holler. Let me see if I have a not-so-nasty tank I can use first.

I suspect even a tank with some multis would be appreciated. Also, I'm sure they wouldn't mind if someone were to display a tank with fish that were for sale at the end of the event.

Great, thanks Christine!

I think a shelly tank would be cool, I think kids especially might like them, but I think they can be neat looking tanks.

I don't see any reason why they'd mind if someone were planning to sell the fish at the end.