• You liked BFD7 now you should join this forum and of course become a club member to see what CCA is all about.
  • Thank you to everyone who registered and showed up for the BIG Fish Deal #7.

Car Brands

What brand of car?

• Nissan

Votes: 4 13.3%
  • Toyota

Votes: 10 33.3%
  • Honda

Votes: 8 26.7%
  • Hyundai

Votes: 3 10.0%
  • Ford

Votes: 9 30.0%
  • Chevy

Votes: 6 20.0%
  • Dodge

Votes: 2 6.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Becca

Members
I have a Ford Flex, nd I love the car, but will never buy a Ford again because of the service centers. I will go back to Chevy after this, as I have had the best luck with those vehicles for reliability, ease to work on, and good customer service.

We saw you in the parking lot at the last meeting and my husband goes, "Look at what she drives, your dream car."

As far as layout - I feel like you can't get better than the flex for hauling cargo like dog crates or (in your case) shipping boxes. It does not waste interior space like some other cars do. I could've fit two 36-40" dog crates in that car WITH the first row of passenger seating up. The cost in AWD was too steep for me (more than the Subaru!) or it would've been my first choice. Of course, anything was a step up from riding around with a GSD, a L'heperd, and an abnormally large Malinois in a Focus ZX3.

Little fish, maintenance on an import will cost more but, overall, they tend to hold resale value longer (even though they're not really any better). Find out if your very generous parents are going to pay for the regular maintenance, or if you are going to have to foot the bill yourself. Know that it will, inevitably, be scratched (or dented) by some idiot in a parking lot in the first month. Just hope that the idiot isn't you :p. Do your regular oil changes and, if you want to save some money and look like a stud, learn to do them yourself.

Stay away from Nissan Altimas... they are accursed...

Pat Kelly

CCA Member
Staff member
I grew up on Ford vehicles. Heck I think my first 6 vehicles were all Mustangs. I think I have had like 10 or 12 over all.
Then I started working at a GM dealer and switched over.

My Chevy Avalanche has 176000 miles on it and still going strong. Bought it mostly to haul club stuff and people around. lol Love that thing. Except the MPG, but then its still better than the 2nd car I owned as a teen. 1969 Mustang 428scj. 9MPG.. lol

Ading522

Members
In regards to bad experiences with car brands when it comes to services, I think it depends on the dealership you go to have the car serviced.. a bad idea would be to purchase extended warranty and other service related packages the dealer you are getting the car from is offering.. we had bad experience with our Hyundai Sonata 2012 when we did our first two services...the service was just horrible, and i think they found ways to empty our pockets.. we changed to another dealership..this time a little bit further, but we are happy with the service they provide and the customer service we get.. :)

fishology

Members
buy American!!!!!
2001 Ford Explorer Sport (Wedgewood blue)
2003 Ford Mustang GT (Sonic blue)
1989 Ford Mustang GT convertible (Scarlet red)

I got a 03 F-150 that I got from my dad with 335K miles on it and still runs like a champ! Can't even feel the motor when its running and his 03 Expedition has about 225k miles and drives like a beast. I have owned several different brand of cars and all i can say is just about any brand can be good as long as you don't neglect maintenance. Of course some cars can take more punishment if you neglect them. I had a cousin that went almost 12k miles on a 87 accord without an oil change until i happened to check his car out. BTW, stay away from Mitsubishi!!!

WendyFish

Members
I like my Mazda3. I do think it's very fun to drive, relative to other things I've tried in its class. I can't speak to reliability or maintenance costs given that I only put about 3500 miles a year on it. :blush: It's 6 years old and has never had a major issue.

Scorp1us

Members
I drive a BMW, but I am a fan of Mazda. I would not recommend any of the German car companies as they are for enthusiasts only. And if you were an enthusiast you wouldn't have asked the question.

Mazda SkyActive and Ford EcoBoost (Ford owns Mazda) is some impressive technology. The Mazda3 is a on the Volvo S40 platform (also owned by Ford) so I tend to think they are very good for the money. Mazda also makes the most popular convertible of all time - the Miata.

Quality wise, Toyota is #1, Honda #2, but neither of them make fun cars.

Cars I am "looking at": Toyota FRS and Fiat Abarth.
Cars I will likely buy: M3, M6. (used)

The best car is one that is paid off that you don't need collision coverage on. There is nothing cheaper.

Tony

Alligator Snapping Turtle/Past Pres
Get a Scion.

Cheap, fun and Toyota reliable. Marketed for young adults.

Hawkman2000

Members
After working in an automotive shop for almost 6 year, specializing (but not limited to) automatic transmissions, I will never buy anything even remotely connected to the chrystler corp. Lots of interesting and creative ideas, but !@#$ing poor quality vehicles. I remember asking my boss why so many 604s and 606s (front wheel drive tans for most chrystlers) burned up so easily. He showed me in the owners manual that stated that the warranty on the trans is void if throttle exceed something like 30%. Seriously?

I wouldn't trust the new fiat. The worst manufacturer in America merging with the worst manufacturer in Europe, producing cars in Mexico...yah.. great idea.

Sorry about the rant. Just had to get it out.

Anyways...

I like Fords, Toyotas, and Hondas.

blkmjk

Members
Toyota... I had a 94 pickup with over 400K. Can't match reliability of a Toyota that is just getting broke in at 200K. I have had Corolla,Camry, 4runner, pickup,Cressida, Celica and now I have a 06 GX470 my wife drives a 08 Highlander Hybrid. I have owned Toyota, Honda,GMC,Chevy,Ford,Mitsubishi, Acura, and Chrysler, I love cars but Toyota wins in my opinion hands down.

Drew

NO GOOD DEED SHALL GO UNPUNISHED!

dogofwar

CCA Members
My first car was a hand-me-down Toyota Corona wagon ('82 I think). That thing was indestructible...

Matt

Toyota... I had a 94 pickup with over 400K. Can't match reliability of a Toyota that is just getting broke in at 200K. I have had Corolla,Camry, 4runner, pickup,Cressida, Celica and now I have a 06 GX470 my wife drives a 08 Highlander Hybrid. I have owned Toyota, Honda,GMC,Chevy,Ford,Mitsubishi, Acura, and Chrysler, I love cars but Toyota wins in my opinion hands down.

Drew

NO GOOD DEED SHALL GO UNPUNISHED!

greekz

Members
new or used? whats the price range? older accords, civics and maximas have issues with transmissions. Nissan Altimas burn lots of oil, same with the early 2000 camrys. Saturn ion is reliable. I flip cars on the side I was surprised how problematic these cars can be. I love my daily driver (e500 benz) and my toy 2000 corvette. A newer v8 mustang or camaro are tough too
btw, I have a 2005 jetta its the newer body style for sale ($3500) its auto, leather,fully loaded.

Owens

Members
Me and my wife and most of my friends have kias.

Sent from my VS840 4G using MonsterAquariaNetwork App