• You liked BFD7 now you should join this forum and of course become a club member to see what CCA is all about.
  • Thank you to everyone who registered and showed up for the BIG Fish Deal #7.

Car Brands

What brand of car?

• Nissan

Votes: 4 13.3%
  • Toyota

Votes: 10 33.3%
  • Honda

Votes: 8 26.7%
  • Hyundai

Votes: 3 10.0%
  • Ford

Votes: 9 30.0%
  • Chevy

Votes: 6 20.0%
  • Dodge

Votes: 2 6.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

fishman13

Members
What car do you have and find to be the most reliable, safe, and affordable? And what type? Thanks and I am interested in what people will have to say :)

Last edited:

Becca

Members
If you are looking for a car that is affordable, reliable, and easy to perform regular maintenance on, you can't do better than a Ford Focus. We each had ours until they were over 10 years old and had over 150K miles on them - and they were still running when we traded them in. You can buy a certified used one for relatively cheap. Buy in the fall, at the end of the model year. You won't get much choice of colors, but you'll get a steep discount. The hatchback model is GREAT for hauling stuff - you would not believe what you can fit in one of those things.

I also love my Subaru - a brand you didn't put up there. You can't get much safer or more reliable than a Subaru and the Outback is great for hauling stuff around while still having room for passengers. You could get a 10 y/o used one of these and it would probably still have another 10 years left on it. A lot of people I know have had theirs for well over 200K miles.

Ading522

Members
If you are looking for a car that is affordable, reliable, and easy to perform regular maintenance on, you can't do better than a Ford Focus. We each had ours until they were over 10 years old and had over 150K miles on them - and they were still running when we traded them in. You can buy a certified used one for relatively cheap. Buy in the fall, at the end of the model year. You won't get much choice of colors, but you'll get a steep discount. The hatchback model is GREAT for hauling stuff - you would not believe what you can fit in one of those things.

I also love my Subaru - a brand you didn't put up there. You can't get much safer or more reliable than a Subaru and the Outback is great for hauling stuff around while still having room for passengers. You could get a 10 y/o used one of these and it would probably still have another 10 years left on it. A lot of people I know have had theirs for well over 200K miles.

+++++1 for Subaru!!!! I love subarus, and although I did not get one as my first car, I've driven quite a few..love the sound and reliability ..saving up to buy a wrx or sti!!!!:)) rally or auto cross hobby in the near future! Lol

Jefft

Members
Now see I drive a Ford F 150 Lariat 1997 with more than 300,000 miles on it and still running strong..However, as I have been considering a new purchase of a new truck .. the new Dodge 1500's with that HEMI engine are just plain bad bad bad.. and I mean that is a good way..

I like my Ford Explorer Sport Track a lot. Previous truck was a Ford Ranger and it was a beat up piece of junk but still ran.

But I miss my Jeep the most. Loved that vehicle.

msjinkzd

invert junkie
I have a Ford Flex, nd I love the car, but will never buy a Ford again because of the service centers. I will go back to Chevy after this, as I have had the best luck with those vehicles for reliability, ease to work on, and good customer service.

fishman13

Members
sorry guys, I know I forgot a lot of the top sellers but those are the brands my parents are looking into for my car. I have little choice in the car seeing as how it is a gift for graduation, atleast I will have a car that I woulnt have to put up money to buy myself yet so I am verry thankful:)

Ading522

Members
Always be thankful....

because we are far better off than others.. we may not have more but we have enough, we may have less but it is sufficient.. :) always be thankful for what you have!

CichlidOWNR

Members
It's good that you are seeking opinions. Just don't rely on one source (hint Consumer Reports). This way you get all of the information and real world feedback. As another poster said, its all about keeping up with routine maintenance. I have taken part of a survey website about actual repair trips. PM me and I will send you this website url. This tracks real world repair trips that each owner reports not some test track and opinion based on one reporter/testor's biases.

I have a Dodge Magnum (isn't made anymore, closest would be a Dodge Charger or Chrysler 300). My Magnum has been bullet proof and the couple issues that came up I was treated far better than I was with my wife's Honda CRV (both vehicles are 2007 models). I have had incredibly terrible service at Honda and will never buy that brand again and I have many more car purchases in the future. With this said, I am sure that others had the opposite experience.

Each brand has it's plus's and minuses and each dealerships no matter what brand vary in the level of service. I also go to my local mechanic for advice too since I have been taking car's there since the 1980's when they are out of warranty.

dogofwar

CCA Members
You can't go wrong with a Toyota (or Lexus). I've had several over the years and every one has been awesome.

Matt