• You liked BFD7 now you should join this forum and of course become a club member to see what CCA is all about.
  • Thank you to everyone who registered and showed up for the BIG Fish Deal #7.

Building the filter today

Brad_st14s

CCA Members
New update, sorry no pics yet, going to get a new canister probably a ice cooler, then use hose connections, the 5 gallon bucket seems to be too hard

Brad_st14s

CCA Members
So originally I started with the 5 gallon bucket, I messed that up so I ended up going with a cooler 5 gallons, filter media is lava rock, carbon and floss filter, hides bulk head fittings for the hose connections, 1 inch inside diameter tubing. PVC piping for the inlet and outlet for the tank, until I get fish in the tank any idea on how to keep the aerobic bacteria colonies alive?

1531760F-B6C8-4606-8CAB-F40904764208.jpeg

B2CCBE08-C533-4BDF-A868-B6A491F2FCDE.jpeg

Brad_st14s

CCA Members
Will post up video of the system running when dinner is done folks but I FINALLY BUILT IT. lol, if y’all got any question post em up and I got you 👌🏽👌🏽👌🏽🤙🏼🤙🏼🤙🏼

Brad_st14s

CCA Members
Video in the kitchen is the test run, last video is the final set up sorry for the quality, but used a whole big bag of lava rocks, pump pumps down the filter quicker than it can fill up so had to close the discharge valve a little bit, but other than that she’s under pressure and running like a champ. Hope y’all enjoy

D0F53010-EB61-43DD-AAE4-D36AEAA5ECA9.jpeg

Marz

Administrator
Staff member
Video in the kitchen is the test run, last video is the final set up sorry for the quality, but used a whole big bag of lava rocks, pump pumps down the filter quicker than it can fill up so had to close the discharge valve a little bit, but other than that she’s under pressure and running like a champ. Hope y’all enjoy

View attachment 22277

Where did you get the lava rocks from?