• You liked BFD7 now you should join this forum and of course become a club member to see what CCA is all about.
  • Thank you to everyone who registered and showed up for the BIG Fish Deal #7.

Bristlenose Breeding In a Shell

Jelimafish

CCA Members
A few months back I bought (2) Bristlenose Plecos to clear up some diatom blooms and housed them in separate tanks. About 10 days ago I put them in the same tank and then tonight while doing a water change I saw something orange in the conch shell with one of the plecos. I lifted the Shell up and saw this little guy. They are currently in a tank with Brevis Shell Dwellers so I do not expect these fry to make it long but it was still cool to see them spawn in a shell. I have no clue how many are actually in there but here is a photo of one of them.

VJUWOQh.jpg

IndianaSam

CCA Members
That's too cool. Congrats on the spawn!

Why don't you expect them to survive? The male Ancistrus are pretty good parents.

Jelimafish

CCA Members
That's too cool. Congrats on the spawn!

Why don't you expect them to survive? The male Ancistrus are pretty good parents.
Thanks! At the moment the male is doing a great job protecting the fry however they are in a tank with 7 Brevis Shell Dwellers. While the Brevis are not very large I just cannot imagine they will make it long after they venture out of the shell. I have a breeder box so I may transfer the fry to that to raise them up but I am still undecided on that as I already have fish to rehome (including the adult BNS).