• You liked BFD7 now you should join this forum and of course become a club member to see what CCA is all about.
  • Thank you to everyone who registered and showed up for the BIG Fish Deal #7.

Bowling Match!

JLW

CCA Members
More details will be forthcoming once I get everything arranged ... but ....

Friday, February 8th, at 8 PM, PVAS vs. CCA Bowling Match in Silver Spring MD (most likely at White Oak Lanes, but I need to get finalised with them). The cost of this event is $25 per person, plus shoe rental ($4), and will last from 8-10 PM. It is family friendly, provided no one drops a bowling ball on their foot. :eek:

Proceeds from this event will go to the Give A Kid A Tank event at CCA's AquaMania. Check out the AquaMania page for more on this event, but basically, kids are given an aquarium to aquascape etc. as part of a contest, and then get to take the tank home. It's a great way to get kids involved in the hobby.

If you're interested in participating, send me a PM. You must declare yourself as a member of Team PVAS or Team Losers. Tony, next time, you should answer your e-mail when I ask what you want your team named.

I need to know how many people are interested in doing this by next Monday ( the 4th) at the absolute latest, and sooner the better!

dogofwar

CCA Members
Friday Feb 8th sounds like a blast!

Thanks for organizing this...and thanks for supporting our Give a Kid a Tank efforts :)

Matt

Tony

Alligator Snapping Turtle/Past Pres
Thanks for setting this up, Josh. I'll certainly be there. :)

I think we'll be Team Awesome... You guys ok with "Team Killifish?" How about "Team Fancy Guppy?"

Prince - Not sure. Need to research a bit, but we'll hammer out details and get back to you.

Remember guys, this is meant as a fund-raiser for donated kid's tanks, not a Groupon bowling deal... Come out, throw the ball down the lane, BS with your buds, have a beer - all to help get kids into the hobby.

JLW

CCA Members
Yes, this is DUCKPIN not 10-pin bowling. Sorry I didn't clarify that. The difference is the pins are squat, short, and shaped like ducks. Without a bill, and legs, and stuff. Okay, let's just say they're short and squat.

You use a smaller, less heavy ball, which means it is a lot more friendly for people who have not bowled before/recently, as well as for kids, etc.

Tony

Bump on this!

We need a pretty firm count be the first half of next week, so please RSVP if you're planning on making it. It's going to be a good time for a good cause. :)

Thanks in advance.

Tony

I've discussed the with Josh, Matt and Jon and we've decided to cancel the event due to lack of interest.

Any donations towards the "Give a Kid a Tank" program would still be greatly appreciated. If you would like to do this, please use the Paypal tab on the top of our homepage and mark "Give a Kid a Tank" in the notes box.

Sorry folks.