• You liked BFD7 now you should join this forum and of course become a club member to see what CCA is all about.
  • Thank you to everyone who registered and showed up for the BIG Fish Deal #7.

Big,Black and Ugly,A True Malawi Story

Larry Johnson

CCA Members
Hey all you good swimmers and snorkellers can go.I have been on many trips where there were only people who snorkelled!
Including Pam Chin!
Saves filling up extra tanks for each dive.On the first Safaris that I went on there were 4 divers and 4 snorkellers,,,,obviously filling 4 tanks per dive is faster than 8.
Anybody can go and there have been several who brought their wives/girlfriends on the second time around, although they were both divers.

Cheers,Larry

longstocking

Members
I want to go an AD's trip next year...

I hear he's planning something very cool....

3-4 weks.... wake up, eat, dive, eat, dive, eat, dive.... Sleep....

Larry Johnson

CCA Members
3-4 weks.... wake up, eat, dive, eat, dive, eat, dive.... Sleep....
Yes,this is the usual theme of a Safaris,between diving and eating,there is also the 'down times' between travelling from spot to spot,,,so its it goes like this,,,,eat dive sleep/sun,eat dive sleep/sun,eat dive eat sleep/sun.
Any other time free is for downloading pics!:D

Not so sure about Ad leading Safaris, he had said before that he was not going to do that,BUT he did last year after he was convinced by the fact that the others paid for his plane ticket.
On a group of 10 people that's around $200 so why not get the best to lead the Safaris!

Cheers,Larry

Larry Johnson

CCA Members
That trip would interest me very much, around what date next year Larry?
Late September,October and early November are the best months to go.Safaris are 2 weeks in length,but I usually go for about 3-3 1/2 weeks,,,or as long as I can!
I think you would have to contact Ad at Cichlid Press to see if he is in fact running a Safaris. Ad has been passing inquiries on to myself.
This past one was put together by Pam Chin, and I don't think she does Malawi every year.
Ad did this as a favour to her and Juan Migel and the people who went did not have to be 'chased' down for money to go.All the people that went were all friends or previous Safaris participants
You would need to find your own group,find out the costs and then add his flight costs in,,,so basically you have to get at least 8 solid people then do all the running around.(and get Ad to agree!)

I will be running one next year, this year is the first exception, and I pay my own flight costs,I just enjoy doing the Safaris and like having the company along.
Leading a Safaris is not really a big deal, you just need to have someone who knows where to go,,,,the diving area's of interest.
Anyone interested in going on a Lake Malawi Safaris can speak with me when I come to speak in November.
Anyone is welcome to go:D

Cheers,Larry

longstocking

Members
I have heard he is planning something...
I should say....

I talked to him about what he is planning :) I was tring to be vague Larry :lol:

Larry Johnson

CCA Members
longstocking I know he will be over in Malawi while I am there, he will be stopping in at where I am doing the volunteer work.
I do know that one other person will be travelling with him,but I have no idea what he is up to this year. I have not asked as yet,,, he is always doing something!

Cheers,Larry

DiscusnAfricans

Past President
Anyone interested in going on a Lake Malawi Safaris can speak with me when I come to speak in November.
Anyone is welcome to go:D

Cheers,Larry

I will definitely try to talk to you when you come. I would definitely love to go if at all possible. I'll be buying lottery tickets in the meantime to try to produce the money...