• You liked BFD7 now you should join this forum and of course become a club member to see what CCA is all about.
  • Thank you to everyone who registered and showed up for the BIG Fish Deal #7.

Best air stones?

Plenipotentiary-at-large
For use in ATF sponge filters - interested in lots of little bubbles in something that isn't as inclined to clog up as the disposable ones. It's for the Ken's Fish order.

Tony

Alligator Snapping Turtle/Past Pres
Only stone that doesn't clog = no air stone.

Hate 'em... don't use 'em anymore. It's louder, yes, but changing out 40+ air stones every other month just doesn't fit in my fish time or $ budget these days. Other than being louder, I don't think flow or oxygen content is *significantly* affected with an oversized air pump.

For 10g tanks, an unnoticed clogged airstone on the only sponge in the tank means dead fish in 24 hours. Not worth the risk in my mind.

UNCLERUCKUS

"THE ALL POWERFUL Q !!
Only stone that doesn't clog = no air stone.

Hate 'em... don't use 'em anymore. It's louder, yes, but changing out 40+ air stones every other month just doesn't fit in my fish time or $ budget these days. Other than being louder, I don't think flow or oxygen content is *significantly* affected with an oversized air pump.

For 10g tanks, an unnoticed clogged airstone on the only sponge in the tank means dead fish in 24 hours. Not worth the risk in my mind.
YOU GO THROUGH AIRSTONES EVERY OTHER MONTH? REALLY? I HAVE AIRSTONES THAT HAVENT FAILED SINCE I BOUGHT THEM YEARS AGO. I USUALLY TAKE A WIRE BRUSH AND GO OVER THEM ONCE OR TWICE TO CLEAN AND IM DONE IN SECONDS.;)

longstocking

Members
1.5 No Clog Air Difusers from Kens works best for me.

They don't clog like the others and are better at regulating the air. A bit more expensive but worth it to me.

Cartel

Members
I use regular ole cheap air stones. I really don't see how you go through them that fast....I personally just hate having my apartment sound like a giant water bong. I suppose if I had a fish room I wouldn't care.

Plenipotentiary-at-large
These are what I ended up ordering...

1.5 No Clog Air Difusers from Kens works best for me.

They don't clog like the others and are better at regulating the air. A bit more expensive but worth it to me.

...I have tanks all over my apartment, but I like it to sound otherwise, as in quiet.