• You liked BFD7 now you should join this forum and of course become a club member to see what CCA is all about.
  • Thank you to everyone who registered and showed up for the BIG Fish Deal #7.

Available for sale- August 29, 2011

WendyFish

Members
Right now I have office nano (Eheim 24L, so ~ 6gall) with 3 rainbow threadfins and 1 cherry shrimp. I seldom see the shrimp so I was thinking of getting 1-2 more and my understanding is the rainbows will eat the shrimplets to keep things from getting overcrowded. Reasonable?

If that's not suicidal, I'd like:

2 cherry shrimp
3 assassin snail
=$12

If in some regard I'm insane lemme know. :)

msjinkzd

invert junkie
Sounds good! Do you know what gender hte shrimp you have is? I would like to make it so they do breed for you :)

Tony

Alligator Snapping Turtle/Past Pres
I would do the shrimp (is the water hard, soft, or neutral?), a single nerite, then either 4-5 pygmies OR a microrasbora. The pygmies use mid water space too, so I think you would be a big crowded with both, especially as the shrimp reproduce.

Not sure where my water quality is at work. Probably decently hard and alk, being PG County municipal and all.

Then how about a group of cherry red shrimp and 5 or so chili rasboras? Will these guys work?

Are all nerites ok in moderately hard water? Do they all eat algae? Which are the larger ones? I like the bees, but was thinking something bigger.

msjinkzd

invert junkie
tony, for some reason your voicemail came through at 936 this morning, lol. I will give you a call in a little bit, have some fish room work to do first :)

msjinkzd

invert junkie
Guys- Just realized my husband has had it planned for us to go camping that weekend for over 8 months. I should have looked in my calendar!! I can offer shipping to someone's house the day before the meeting if they would be willing to distribute the items or I can hold onto orders for October.

I will also be speaking at GWAPA september 24 and could bring them then.

Tony

Guys- Just realized my husband has had it planned for us to go camping that weekend for over 8 months. I should have looked in my calendar!! I can offer shipping to someone's house the day before the meeting if they would be willing to distribute the items or I can hold onto orders for October.

I will also be speaking at GWAPA september 24 and could bring them then.

LOL. I'm in the same boat. Unless it rains into Saturday, I will most likely not be at the meeting. Maria and I are supposed to go camping down at Assateague Island.

I can wait until October for my stuff, Rach.

msjinkzd

invert junkie
thanks guys! :) I figure he sacrifices enough weekends for me to travel to fish things, its a small consolation to miss one fish thing for him :)

msjinkzd

invert junkie
the good thing is, if anyone changes their mind about shipping, UPS ground is about $15 (depending on package size) and is guaranteed by the end of hte next day.

Seems like most people will wait, which works well for me too :) Sorry about this guys! I REALLY wanted to see spencer again too :(

Tony

Rach - you have any hatchets in stock or plan on getting any?

Was thinking of putting a school of them in my 6' 150 with the Geos. The tank is super tall and I think it'd be cool. That should work, no? Or would the hatchets be totally freaked out in the presence of big fish? (my Geos will be little for a while, lol)