• You liked BFD7 now you should join this forum and of course become a club member to see what CCA is all about.
  • Thank you to everyone who registered and showed up for the BIG Fish Deal #7.

Auctions

captmicha

Members
I didn't see a post, what's generally ok and not ok to put in the auctions?

I know opened bottles aren't ok. Don't want to do anything frowned upon.

JLW

CCA Members
I don't know that CCA has ever set about creating a formal set of rules for the auctions, at least not one that I've ever seen, and I can't find them poking around the website. (Maybe they're buried in "Meeting Minutes" somewhere, but... heck, the link for the club bylaws is broken. :p)

For live animals and plants, they must be properly bagged to be accepted, and any organism that is illegal to sell is ... well, illegal to sell. Duh. :)
For dry goods, it has to be fish or aquarium related and in sellable condition. Items such as opened containers of fish food, chemicals, used light bulbs, most used cleaning supplies, wet/dirty substrate, broken or leaking aquariums (generally), and anything Reed has ever touched would all be off limits.

JLW

CCA Members
Any fry put into the auction should also be big enough to be able to determine generally was species they are, so typically around 1”.

For live animals or plants, they must be in good health and condition, as well. Fry that are too small to likely survive would be off limits.