• You liked BFD7 now you should join this forum and of course become a club member to see what CCA is all about.
  • Thank you to everyone who registered and showed up for the BIG Fish Deal #7.

Attempt #1 at wild Oscar

Jamieishard

Members
ha ha so i was invited to this adventure but already had stuff going on all weekend.. but now i wish i would have come. I need to buy a fishing rod!

Spine

Members
I'm in on the next round. Hmm.. I wonder if you could have legally taken that turtle home, does a fishing license include turtles?

TheWire

Members
Eastern snapping turtle soup sounds nice! Or maybe turtle buffelo wings.

http://www.ces.ncsu.edu/martin/wildrecipes/wgrturtle4.htm
or this
[SIZE=+1] BARBECUED SNAPPING TURTLE [/SIZE]

After cleaning turtle, soak meat in salt water at least 30 minutes or overnight in the refrigerator if to be used the next day.
Parboil turtle in a pressure cooker or boiling pot until meat is ready to fall off the bones. Season the water with a dash of black papper, dash of vinegar, some diced celery, and some bell pepper (1 bell pepper and 1 stalk of celery).
Make your own barbecue sauce or combinethe following and stir to mix well:
1 1/2 cups bottled barbecue sauce with onion bits
1 tsp. sugar
1/2 cup catsup
1 tbsp. Worcestershire sauce
Dash of bottled hot sauce
Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. Place turtle in suitable size baking dish based on amount of turtle you are cooking. Pour sauce over meat. Place in oven and let sauce get hot. Watch and baste often. When sauce is hot and boiling, lower the temperature to 200 degrees F. Minimum time in oven is usually 30-40 minutes.

Lively

Members
I think it is more dependant on the turtle's diet. I remember a story my grandmother told me.

This happened in WWII (in England), my grandad was home on furlough (he was in France at the time) and my grandmother bought a blackmarket leg of lamb to celebrate, I think she said it cost her almost a weeks worth of ration tickets. The sheep had been fed fishmeal it's entire life (they made do with what they had for animal feed) She pulled it out of the stove before it was even done cooking, the entire house stank of fish within an hour of putting in the stove. Needless to say, my Mom's dog ate very well for a week or so.

UNCLERUCKUS

"THE ALL POWERFUL Q !!
I think it is more dependant on the turtle's diet. I remember a story my grandmother told me.

This happened in WWII (in England), my grandad was home on furlough (he was in France at the time) and my grandmother bought a blackmarket leg of lamb to celebrate, I think she said it cost her almost a weeks worth of ration tickets. The sheep had been fed fishmeal it's entire life (they made do with what they had for animal feed) She pulled it out of the stove before it was even done cooking, the entire house stank of fish within an hour of putting in the stove. Needless to say, my Mom's dog ate very well for a week or so.
exactly :D

Cartel

Members
I think we are going to try a diff fishing trip. We didnt see the oscar at all when we were there. So lets start picking a date because summers running out hella fast

minifoot where do u normally go? i live right in dublin 5 mins from the susquehanna. ive been going down to port we caught a handful of 2-3lb cats just foolin around the other night.