• You liked BFD7 now you should join this forum and of course become a club member to see what CCA is all about.
  • Thank you to everyone who registered and showed up for the BIG Fish Deal #7.

Attempt #1 at wild Oscar

iamzrad

Members
So today was the day for attempt #1.
The four brave souls set out on a mission, to snag a wild Oscar. Now, you have to understand Oscars, in the wild, don't mess around. If one spots a fishing line or the taste of blood lingering in the water and cut night crawlers, they don't even bother with that petty, weak excuse of a fisherman trying to be a hero.

Mr. Wil, Mr. DQ, Mr. Mike and Mr. Phil had no idea what they were in for.
At the arrival of the pond, which was in a nice little community, we were greeted by the Crofton Navy. The Navy looked in awe when they saw fishing rods, tackle boxes, nets and a cooler. The brave men were saluted by a the quacking of geese and ducks. In this pond, they were the Navy flying and swimming in V formation.

At first, the men looked for anything large and orange moving in the calm waters and saw nothing. As they headed for the shore to setup, schools of bluegill, perch and sunfish surfaced quietly as they waited for food, but little did they know, a monster was lurking in the water. As the men baited up and casted their lines, something else was waiting for them at the other end.
RAD_0003.jpg

The head of this monster surfaced and Mr. DQ quickly opted for the net as something mysterious hooked his line.
RAD_0008.jpg

As this beast got closer, Mr. DQ knew exactly what is was and wanted to catch it, perhaps make a soup as well. Soon the men realized what exactly lurks in these waters. This mission quickly turned around as we were focused against the Oscar.
RAD_0010.jpg

RAD_0012.jpg

RAD_0011.jpg

RAD_0025.jpg

RAD_0016.jpg

RAD_0015.jpg

RAD_0021.jpg

After letting the beast go, fish quickly returned to the shore line, ready to be caught. But no sign of the Oscar and the greedy turtle was lurking around for more food. As the day progressed, the men were catching Bluegill, Perch, Sunfish and Catfish left and right. The sign of catching all these fish and no monsters was getting a little boring. Luckily, I, Mr. Phil brought some cichlid gold pellets from home to perhaps lure him in. Fish were attacking the pellets violently and even brought out somesort of bass in the group. I quickly casted in hopes of catching him, but no luck as he was just too smart. Before we set off for food, we had about 5-7 mix fish of perch, bluegill and sunfish, 2 catfish, and a bunch of minnows.
RAD_0001.jpg

RAD_0027.jpg

Then hunger and thirst hit us all. We quickly made a run to the local Five Guys and got some grub. Then we spotted a "shout-out" wall inside the facility. Mr. DQ grab a card and gave a shout out to MFK, and I wrote down something for CCA.
5450_523504122056_67500712_31174314_4302994_n.jpg

We returned to the pond with our stomachs full in hopes of at least spotting this monster. But today he was relaxing and decided not to be seen, now he's a celebrity in this pond.

We all hope to venture back out and attempting to spot and catch him. It was a good time trying to catch him and put him in a good home. We encourage anyone else to try and find him and at least catch him and either keep or donate to a LFS.

Soon Mr. Oscar, the men will be back and we will catch you, we will.

Lively

Members
And so the saga continues...

and we wait with *hmm considers the pun and goes for it* BAITED breath! lol

Cartel

Members
:eek: Oh snap we were there to catch an Oscar?!?!?! :smashfreakB:

Today was great watching DQ with the snapper had me rolling :pound: We hope to make another fishing trip to either this or another undisclosed location. :scared0016: So I was just bored and decided to use a bunch of smileys but today was fun and relaxing so see yall soon! :character0053:

UNCLERUCKUS

"THE ALL POWERFUL Q !!
lol! that's our story and we are sticking to it! what a fun day guys! I had a blast and really enjoyed the day. I think we have found a ''feeshin hole''. mr oscar, mr bass, and some of the lurking monsters are in for nice war with us. we had enough fish to start a local aquarium. can't wait to do it again and hang out with the navy boys. lol! ill bring them some treats too! by the way it was a pleasure to fish with you guys.

RIFT_LAKES_RULE

Member of the Darkside Tang's Rule!
Great story and photo's! Glad you guys had fun.

I think the key to catchin the oscar will be gettin in the water and "noodlin" him outta there!!! Be sure to take a vid for us ;)

Lookin forward to hearing about the next adventure. :)

UNCLERUCKUS

"THE ALL POWERFUL Q !!
mikeygray you can always come demonstrate how to properly noodle. hehe but I won't be in the water with those snappers. that ones head was as big as my fist! lol noooo thanks. messing with you I'd be peckin a keyboard with only one hand rotflmaoooo. cartel did you see danger chicken break the land speed record getting out his way when it broke free and was running back to the water? that was funny too! imagine the stuff we woulda caught with a castnet lol. I'm gonna sleep good tonight.

F8LBITE

Members
WOW that turtle was huge!!!! Looks like alot of fun guys I really missed out. In the meantime I hope that turtle doesnt catch the oscar!!!

Lively

Members
ahh, you boys... that wasn't a huge snapper! When I was a kid (I guess about 8 or 9) my dad went fishing with some buddies... the dang snapper he brought home (for my mom to make turtle soup - he was sweet like that, bringing home odd things for her to cook lol) was so big I could, and did, sit on it's back to ride it. Okay - the real reason I sat on it's back was so it wouldn't move when they beheaded the poor thing.

Anyway - I'm not kidding when I say that shell was at least 2 feet from head to tail and my little feet didn't touch the ground when I sat on it.

And, when my mom figured out what they wanted me outside for - she called me in and had a few words with my dad and his buddy...

That was a big a s s turtle.

Cartel

Members
Oh there's always bigger fish errr turts in the sea....but this one was big enough to make us uncomfortable!

Danger also said he is like 99.9999999998% sure he saw a Green Terror in there. We also found about 4 big mystery snails. We think someone dumped their whole aquarium out there.... There is a possible video of "The Snapper Incident" but I think some choice words were said when Mike almost got his hand chomped off.

Oh and you cant forget about DQ getting yelled at by some lady for invading the Navy's shipyard. Thats what I love about going out and doing stuff with people because lol's are bound to happen!

RIFT_LAKES_RULE

Member of the Darkside Tang's Rule!
DQ, you've got the upper hand on that turtle now. You've already man handled him once, he'll steer clear of you now.

While I'd love to go fishing with you guys some time, I won't be doing any noodling either, but I do like watchin video's of other people doin it. ;)

SubMariner

Master Jedi & Past VP
I am so proud of you guys!!! Really!

Nevertheless, you guys forgot to use the Force!

The Jedi mind trick actually is so persuasive that fish just jump in your cooler.

Anyways, don't give up my CCA brethren, in time the Oscar shall be yours. :))))

Richard

Lively

Members
Oh there's always bigger fish errr turts in the sea....but this one was big enough to make us uncomfortable!

Danger also said he is like 99.9999999998% sure he saw a Green Terror in there. We also found about 4 big mystery snails. We think someone dumped their whole aquarium out there.... There is a possible video of "The Snapper Incident" but I think some choice words were said when Mike almost got his hand chomped off.

Oh and you cant forget about DQ getting yelled at by some lady for invading the Navy's shipyard. Thats what I love about going out and doing stuff with people because lol's are bound to happen!

I was just joshin' ya a bit Mr. C! The pic of DQ hanging that old turt by the tail just brought back that childhood memory so strong! After they did manage to get it out of it's shell, Dad hung it on a tree to de-stink. I think he had a mind to make something out of tortise shell.

You've got to explain the Navy comments... I'm having a hard time getting my mind around some lady yelling at him...

UNCLERUCKUS

"THE ALL POWERFUL Q !!
I was just joshin' ya a bit Mr. C! The pic of DQ hanging that old turt by the tail just brought back that childhood memory so strong! After they did manage to get it out of it's shell, Dad hung it on a tree to de-stink. I think he had a mind to make something out of tortise shell.

You've got to explain the Navy comments... I'm having a hard time getting my mind around some lady yelling at him...
there was a little island in the center of the lake that danger chicken and i thought was ideal to fish from. well he went over and fished for about 30 mins ad came back. i then proceeded to go and do the same but when i took 2 steps onto the island i heard" excuse me...excuuuuse me there is no tresspssing on the island!" so i said ok thanks and returned. it wasnt until danger went around to the other side of the lake did he see the sign and came back laughing that there was a sign.:D turns out the island is a duck / goose habitat. its also in a excellent fishing spot :D:angel2: the navy were the ducks.

Pat Kelly

CCA Member
Staff member
Guys,
thanks for the great post. The pictures were great and the captions even better.
I can picture you guys chasing the snapper and trying to avoid the business end. lol
I loved it.
Looked like fun.

Pat Kelly

CCA Member
Staff member
Oh, and I loved the home made business card.

Li has printed some up for us and I will bring them to the next meeting but I don't think they looked as good as that one. lol

AWWE man you guys make me feel like I missed out. Its because I did not come that you did not see the oscar. Hopefully somebody already caught the guy and he is in their aquarium. If there are more trips taken I need to figure out how to make it.

UNCLERUCKUS

"THE ALL POWERFUL Q !!
we also did some real fishing no whoppers but tons of fun :D ! here some pics of the anglers at work :D. i think phil was paying someone to hook fish on his line cuz he was pulling in sunfish as fast as he could get his hook wet :pound:

CCA OSCAR 007.jpg

CCA OSCAR 008.jpg

CCA OSCAR 009.jpg

CCA OSCAR 014.jpg

CCA OSCAR 013.jpg

CCA OSCAR 012.jpg

CCA OSCAR 019.jpg

CCA OSCAR 021.jpg

CCA OSCAR 018.jpg

CCA OSCAR 017.jpg

Prince

The ONE who is The ONE
I already told DQ I want in on the next trip. I never really got into freshwater fishing so i don't know nay good spots. I have been fishing from a canoe on the Potomac in Montgomery County. That was great.