• You liked BFD7 now you should join this forum and of course become a club member to see what CCA is all about.
  • Thank you to everyone who registered and showed up for the BIG Fish Deal #7.

AquaMania Marketplace - What Vendors Do YOU Want?

msjinkzd

invert junkie
I agree. Would you like me to message you his contact information? Or would you like me to send him info and clue him in. Just let me know. Great potential here for new stuff. He owns his own business in Iquitos- and I have been sourcing MY stuff through him. really happy so far.

dogofwar

CCA Members
Yes please!

Even if he doesn't bring a bunch of stuff to sell (and I hope he does), a table at AquaMania will be a great way to introduce himself and his business to a couple hundred hobbyists for like $30 (15 cents each) - cheaper than mail (and more beer and fun)!

Matt

I agree. Would you like me to message you his contact information? Or would you like me to send him info and clue him in. Just let me know. Great potential here for new stuff. He owns his own business in Iquitos- and I have been sourcing MY stuff through him. really happy so far.

dogofwar

CCA Members
So a couple of folks have asked, "Is there going to be an auction?"

The quick answer is "No - we're having a Marketplace (swap-meet) on Sunday, March 10 instead of a traditional auction."

The longer answer is "While most of the buying / selling will occur at the swap meet on Sunday, we ARE going to have a RARE FISH SILENT AUCTION and probably another silent auction of dry goods on Saturday, March 9...and only for registered attendees...as well as the Marketplace on Sunday, March 10."

In other words, people who register for the event will be the only folks able to bid on the rarest fish that we're getting for the event..." Registered attendees will also be the only folks who will be able to see Ad Konings, Ken Davis and Rachel O'Leary give kick arse presentations...as well as eat and drink all night in the hospitality suite. Not bad for $25, huh!

So how does the Marketplace (swap meet) work, you also ask?

Well, you pay for the use of a 6' table ($20 if you're registered for the event, $25 if you're not) and you can sell whatever (just so it's legal in MD) for whatever you want: fish, plants, equipment, tanks, art...whatever. You keep 100% of whatever you sell (there's NO SPLIT)!

If you normally sell more than say $60 or $80 worth of fish at auctions, then you should get a table (60/40 split of $62.50 sales of fish = $25). Or split one with a buddy. Sell out of bags or bring tanks and bagging materials. There will be electricity to run pumps, etc.

If you're a vendor or hobby breeder, a table also gives you the opportunity to hand out fish you've pre-sold...hand out info about your business, collect names for a mailing list...list and prices of fish you didn't bring, etc. to lots and lots of aquarists...who will - hopefully - buy from you in the future.

As a buyer, you'll be able to get fish from lots of your favorite vendors all at one time...and without paying for shipping. And from vendors like Jeff Rapps, who's confirmed his participation, who don't sell fish in auctions.

Sound good? The best table spots are going fast, so register ASAP to get a good choice.

Thanks,
Matt

dogofwar

CCA Members
What other vendors - or hobbyists - would folks like to see?

Anyone have contact info for Rose and Tony Orso... or better yet let them know that we'd like them to attend / sell? :)

Thanks,
Matt

PS Dec 8 deadline for discounted registration and seller tables is rapidly approaching...

dogofwar

CCA Members
Bumping this up because we only have about ten spots left in the AquaMania Marketplace...

If you're planning on selling fish, please reserve a table soon.

If you'd like to see a vendor at AquaMania, please check the AquaMania website to see if they're already coming...land if not, please let them know (and let me know)!

www.capitalcichlids.org/aquamania

Matt

Wblaze

Members
I have messaged in the past with Les from Cobalt Aquatics and follow them on facebook. It would be great if someone could reach out and invite them to participate. They mentioned they would love to come to a meeting and introduce the club to Cobalt and our nutrition program and science behind formulating fish food.

The contact info is lwilson@cobaltinternational.com or on my google # 540-200-8551

jonclark96

Past CCA President
I have messaged in the past with Les from Cobalt Aquatics and follow them on facebook. It would be great if someone could reach out and invite them to participate. They mentioned they would love to come to a meeting and introduce the club to Cobalt and our nutrition program and science behind formulating fish food.

The contact info is lwilson@cobaltinternational.com or on my google # 540-200-8551

I think they are on the list of folks to contact. Stay tuned...

dogofwar

CCA Members
Yes - emailed and spoken to Cobalt a couple of times already... Hearing form their customers might be a further incentive for them to participate...

Thanks,
Matt

dogofwar

CCA Members
So thanks so much to Marc, spoke with Cobalt today...and although they probably won't be able to make it in person, they're going to sponsor, send some heaters for the Give a Kid a Tank Contest and some awesome raffle prizes...

Really, really generous support by Cobalt!

It really works - If you want a vendor that you buy from to be at AquaMania, please let them know about the event. It's much more effective than some random guy from a fish club (i.e. me) calling and asking...

So who's next?

Matt