• You liked BFD7 now you should join this forum and of course become a club member to see what CCA is all about.
  • Thank you to everyone who registered and showed up for the BIG Fish Deal #7.

AquaMania! #1 - oh yeah...

Plenipotentiary-at-large
Highest praise to the heavy lifters that made this event such a resounding and essentially painless event. Matt Quinn for his relentless juice and multi-tasking, Madame Keyes for an unbelievably efficient and painless registration, Master O'Shea for a great rare fish auction, Tony and JC for various and sundry, Pat for filling in the cracks and offering the benefit of his considerable (read as incomparable) experience, whomsoever is responsible for the aquarium beautiful competition and everyone else who contributed - you know who you are and you should be proud for doing such a great job.

Nearly 150 registrations + over 100 walk-ups for the Sunday marketplace - wow. Pretty sure most everyone including all our vendors went away happy, great to see the GWAPA folks, Jeff Rapps, et al., special thanks to everyone who generously donated fish/supplies/etc., let's do it again bigger and better next year.

And one more thing - CCA ROCKS!

Andrew

Members
+1. Good job everyone!! I especially liked how this event had a community feel to it whereas so many conventions can be inaccessible to outsiders.

Great comment to a well put on event. Big thanks to all the in house folks who made did happen.....

Looking forward to the next one.........

MHMoro

CCA Members
I am really proud to be a member of CCA!. You all people did a wonderful job planning and making this first Aquamania event happen (hopefully there will more in the future...).

Manuel

It was a great event! I would recommend someone try to capture what was done, how it went, what went right, what didn't go so well, what you'd do different in the future, etc., so you don't have to reinvent the wheel next time someone is energetic and crazy enough to do this again!!!:p

mchambers

Former CCA member
Yes, great job by all the CCA officers and directors! I think everything went amazingly smoothly.

I'll second Holly's wise advice.

chriscoli

Administrator
I also wanted to thank all of the folks that helped me out at the registration desk! You guys (and gals) were really awesome! You pulled some pretty major shifts, and kept things running smoothly. Thank you!!!!

Greengirl

Members
This was really fun. It was great to be around so many friendly and helpful people. Not only was this a great place to get fish, it was a great place to exchange knowledge. Thank you everyone for your advice and wisdom. CCA ROCKS!

Pat Kelly

CCA Member
Staff member
I too want to thank everyone.

I know this was a lot of planning for a small group of people for the last year or so.
This was well thought out and executed.
I was tickled by the amount of people that registered and the walk in's.

This is my 27th fish convention. With those 27 conventions I have stayed at 25 hotels. I always have some type of gripe with the hotel. Nothing big, just something that I wish was different. Something that could be improved upon.
I found no fault with this hotel. While we could have used a bigger space (something that cannot be predicted on a first time convention) the hotel preformed admirably. I have never had a smile and greeting from ever employee every time I went past them. Nice place.

I had tons of people ask if this was going to be a yearly thing. It should be. The biggest thing would be to get a few more people to help with the planning and running so that those that are doing it don't get burned out. That's always a problem with this type event.

The Market Place / Swap meet is something that some of us have been talking about for a long, LONG, time. I always worried about how many people we would get. Would it draw?
I would say when planned out and promoted like this one. YES. I talked to a lot of people yesterday. We even had a group from Pittsburg that drove down just for Sunday.
And they said they would be back.

Okay, too long of a post.

Good job, Matt, Tony, Jon, Christine, Mike, and everyone else.

Tony

Alligator Snapping Turtle/Past Pres
My most sincere thanks to everyone who volunteered to help at the event... We had a lot of the heart of this club spend a lot of time to make this happen. We also had a lot of newer folks stepping up. I genuinely appreciate it.

Thanks so much to out generous sponsors - without yout help, there's no way we could have pulled this off.

Lastly, thanks to our membership for showing up in droves. Like Sam mentioned, there were over 250 folks there on Sunday. Simply amazing.

My hat is off to you guys.

Hmmmm... next year? ;)