• You liked BFD7 now you should join this forum and of course become a club member to see what CCA is all about.
  • Thank you to everyone who registered and showed up for the BIG Fish Deal #7.

April 2019 Meeting - Jay Wilson on BACTERIA!

chriscoli

Administrator
BACTERIA: The good the bad and the down right disgusting. How it plays a key roll in your Cichlid Aquarium

Jay Wilson is a 13-year Navy Veteran with a passion for water in a box and has A LOT of Energy. It just so happens Cichlids help save his life and mind. He has been keeping fish most of his life but mainly African Cichlids for just over 7 years. This hobby has given him a purpose again and that is to share, raise awareness and help support research and conservation so we can keep this thing we love going attainable for generations to come. What started with a YouTube video is quickly expanding in to something he is not only grateful for but is honored to be doing.

Last edited:

CichlidDan

Members
BACTERIA: The good the bad and the down right disgusting. How it plays a key roll in your Cichlid Aquarium

Jay Wilson is a 13-year Navy Veteran with a passion for water in a box and has A LOT of Energy. It just so happens Cichlids help save his life and mind. He has been keeping fish most of his life but mainly African Cichlids for just over 7 years. This hobby has given him a purpose again and that is to share, raise awareness and help support research and conservation so we can keep this thing we love going attainable for generations to come. What started with a YouTube video is quickly expanding in to something he is not only grateful for but is honored to be doing.

View attachment 20767
Love his youtube channel. I’ll try to make this.

Andrewtfw

Global Moderators
I was looking forward to this talk. Unfortunately, a conflict in scheduling means I will miss out.

stany

CCA Members

View attachment 20767
I'm confused on the meeting date or can't seem to be able to negotiate the site. When is the April meeting? I saw it shown as pushed back a week until April 18th but that is a Thursday..

CichlidDan

Members
There are a couple of confusing pages.

https://www.capitalcichlids.org/forums/ shows the meeting date to be determined.
https://www.capitalcichlids.org/forums/threads/upcoming-club-meetings-2018-2019.33829/ shows it TBD
https://www.capitalcichlids.org/forums/threads/upcoming-events-and-cca-speakers.24414/ shows it as April 18

Think this could be very confusing to new members and discourage attendance. No where could I find the right day.even this thred.
That April 18 is from 2015.

stany

CCA Members
Maybe but that was the first page I saw. When I sign on I get the TBD page. I do web page design and this is not good web site management. This old stuff should be either deleted or a better way to manage current events. I get the desire to keep history but past meeting dates are of no value to new member looking for when the next meeting is.

chriscoli

Administrator
Maybe but that was the first page I saw. When I sign on I get the TBD page. I do web page design and this is not good web site management. This old stuff should be either deleted or a better way to manage current events. I get the desire to keep history but past meeting dates are of no value to new member looking for when the next meeting is.

we're working on it, please be patient.

JLW

CCA Members
The 2015 link is pinned to the top, which definitely adds to some confusion.

Are we doing a regular auction or table sales this meeting?

Who Dat Chief

Jay Wilson said in his latest YouTube video that he will be in Rockville, MD doing a bacteria talk on April 14th for CCA.

Last edited: