• You liked BFD7 now you should join this forum and of course become a club member to see what CCA is all about.
  • Thank you to everyone who registered and showed up for the BIG Fish Deal #7.

Apistogramma

Becca

Members
I have A. baenschi and they do fine. I have a bunch of juvies growing out right now.

Technically I also have juvenile A. borelli, but I'd have to tear out a lot of plants to find them.

Becca

Members
I don't still have pics of the baenschi parents. I just have fry growing out that were out in the ponds. Sam does indeed have the borelli. The baenschi did spawn once in pure tap water and raise fry for a week before the angels picked them off. The borelli lived fine in tap, but never spawned in it.

I don't think I even had heaters on either - pretty hardy fish for apistos.

Triviashi_Maru

CCA Members
You have panduro in tap water? That’s awesome. Hope they spawn again!
Yeah, I guess I missed the location of the OP. I'm in Baltimore and our water comes out of my tap at 7-7.2 and quite soft and clean. It's good stuff. Once it goes into my tanks with plants and organics, it ends up staying between 6.3-6.8.

Becca

Members

sukrol

Members
Anyone know where to buy these?
FYI these are a manmade strain “leucistic”.
They have a reputation for not living as long as other Apistos. This was my experience as well.
That being said they look great on a blackwater tank!

CichlidDan

Members
FYI these are a manmade strain “leucistic”.
They have a reputation for not living as long as other Apistos. This was my experience as well.
That being said they look great on a blackwater tank!
Thanks for the info I knew they were manmade but didn’t know they didn’t live as long. How long did yours live?