• You liked BFD7 now you should join this forum and of course become a club member to see what CCA is all about.
  • Thank you to everyone who registered and showed up for the BIG Fish Deal #7.

Anyone here do large stand builds in the DC area?

FINWIN

CCA Members
I'm consolidating some of my tanks and am looking for (preferably) two metal stands, one that will hold a 90/120 gallon tank, and one that will hold a 180. I'll use cinder blocks as a last resort but not my preference.

JLW

CCA Members
Neither a 90-gallon nor a 120-gallon are "large" tanks, and both would work just fine on a decent wooden stand. There are a lot of people who can build a nice one for you fairly easily.

I'm not one of them ... I found out the hard way that my place is incredibly not level. So I build beautiful stands that are perfect, as long as they're here. :)

FINWIN

CCA Members
Neither a 90-gallon nor a 120-gallon are "large" tanks, and both would work just fine on a decent wooden stand. There are a lot of people who can build a nice one for you fairly easily.

I'm not one of them ... I found out the hard way that my place is incredibly not level. So I build beautiful stands that are perfect, as long as they're here. :)

I did find a company, posted in another thread just now. Going with the blocks because the acrylic tank is custom $$$

FINWIN

CCA Members

I had a couple of massive tank floods before so I'm not exactly on the wood bandwagon...my 225 had a wood stand split and deform to the point the cabinet doors wouldn't even line up! Crazy scene...