• You liked BFD7 now you should join this forum and of course become a club member to see what CCA is all about.
  • Thank you to everyone who registered and showed up for the BIG Fish Deal #7.

Anybody keeping dart frogs?

Prince

The ONE who is The ONE
Anybody in the club keep dart frogs. I am going to expand my amphibian collection in that direction. I have settled on Dendrobates "Bakhuis" Tinctorit's.

Andrewtfw

Global Moderators

Andrewtfw

Global Moderators
Anybody in the club keep dart frogs. I am going to expand my amphibian collection in that direction. I have settled on Dendrobates "Bakhuis" Tinctorit's.

Repticon is usually a good local show to source dart frogs. The next show is at the end of January in Timonium.

chriscoli

Administrator

Thanks for starting this thread....I've been thinking about getting some too. I'm just starting my research so I haven't decided on anything yet.

JLW

CCA Members
I usually have them on the pre order list, too. I'm not set up to maintain them, so they're ONLY special order.

Andrewtfw

Global Moderators
Josh's Frogs (different Josh), is very reputable and is currently having a sale on two types of dart frogs. Not sure if they are of the type you're seeking, though.

Prince

The ONE who is The ONE
Thanks for starting this thread....I've been thinking about getting some too. I'm just starting my research so I haven't decided on anything yet.
Dendroboard is a great site for research. I also joined a couple groups on Facebook. One of themy is local. Their is also a local guy that sells fruit fly cultures and other feeders too. His Facebook page is East Coast Feeders. Sammy knows him and buys from him.

Andrewtfw

Global Moderators
Dendroboard is a great site for research. I also joined a couple groups on Facebook. One of themy is local. Their is also a local guy that sells fruit fly cultures and other feeders too. His Facebook page is East Coast Feeders. Sammy knows him and buys from him.

East Coast Feeders is owned by a guy named Marco. He is out of VA and does deliveries to areas where demand is high. He sells good quality feeder insects.

Prince

The ONE who is The ONE
Oh, they look fantastic! I love the setup! what size is the enclosure?
That is a Zoo Med 18x18x24 I initially bought for crested geckos. I recently gave away my crested geckos so I switched it to dart frogs.
You don't need a tank that tall. A 20H would be great for a pair or trio 2/1. A 20 long would also be great for a pair. They need ground space more than arboreal space.

The biggest requirement is the humidity level. I have a diy fogger I came up with using a ultrasonic humidifier and Exo Terra RS400 rain maker.