• You liked BFD7 now you should join this forum and of course become a club member to see what CCA is all about.
  • Thank you to everyone who registered and showed up for the BIG Fish Deal #7.

Anybody for boiled hap

STATMATT

Members
My interpretation of the degredation in quality over the last 5 to 10 years has been that the design's are all basically the same. And with the designs being the same, there are only so many manufactures of the equipment leading to component failure at about the same rate no matter who is the manufacturer.

Did I mention I really like the two temperature controllers from http://jehmco.com/ They line up with my thermometers exactly. If I adjust it down two degrees, the temp drops two degrees on the thermometer, if I adust it up four degress it reads a 4 degree increase on the thermometers. I really like that the heater cannot stick in the "ON" position, the way the temperature electricity is provided. if the heater does fail, the controller has to fail concurently for there to be a real problem.

It does save electricity. I'm working on using a kill-A-Watt experiment right now to show how much electicity is saved on my system running 600W of heat. bascially the temp controller pays for itself in electrical usage.

Plenipotentiary-at-large
How?

You're still using the same heaters to heat the same amount of water to the same temperature - where's the savings?

divet

Members
Prince, is there any update to this?

I'm just starting to go through this process with my tropheus colony- the stealth stuck on and the temp hit 96 in their tank. I've lost 6 so far along with my s. lucipinius and paralabidochromis. The CSR told me to wait 2 or 3 days to start sending things in to make sure I don't lose any more fish.

Ugh, I wish I would have switched it out when the whole stealth debacle started. Hopefully Marineland makes this right.

Prince

The ONE who is The ONE
I expect to hear something in a the next week or two. I submitted a HOT magnum for warranty work a few days before this happened and it came back yesterday. When here from Marineland, I'll post an update.

Hawkman2000

Members
I have hunduran rep point juvi for sale if ur interested. I am also thinking of geting rid of 1 or 2 of my Jack Dempeys.

Prince

The ONE who is The ONE
I got a check in the mail from Marineland today for 154.00. They covered the cost of a new heater and all the fish.

Posted via mobile.capitalcichlids.org

George

CCA Charter Member and person in charge of the we
I had a regular stealth 250w stick on a few weeks ago. Only lost the 5 little brevis that I picked up in the March club auction, would really have been bent out of shape if the 60+ super red BN in the tank had also gotten cooked. They all made it though, and the blonde endler's I've been moving from the main group as they turn up were fine too. I wondered if the heater would be usable after cooling down, so a few days later I put it into the recently set up 125. No fish, just cooold water from the basement tap. It stck on again a day later, but in the larger volume of water it didn't raise the temp as high (was in the 33 long) or do any harm in the empty tank. I'd prefer to heat the room rather than the individual tanks, but it's not practical in the basement.

Folks who have seen my basement know that I used heavy plastic drop cloths taped and nailed to ceiling and beams to wall off the part I use as a fishroom. That way the space heater did it's job. I also made sure the heating vent was in that part of the room and turned off the one to the rest of the basement. Where there is a will there is a way. Sure, it is not pretty, but it works.

I do woodworking in the other prts of the basement and there is no sawdust in the fishroom.

George