• You liked BFD7 now you should join this forum and of course become a club member to see what CCA is all about.
  • Thank you to everyone who registered and showed up for the BIG Fish Deal #7.

Allergic Reaction to Food?

Plenipotentiary-at-large
Ocam's razor-

'Pluralitas non est ponenda sine neccesitate' or in the simplest of terms, "the simplest explanation is usually the best (correct)'.

Given the preponderance and repeated failure to reproduce the initial circumstance, it's patently obvious that Tony's fish are as high-strung, neurotic, excessively dramatic and desperate for attention as he is. Alternately, as the alleged symptoms have been displayed on numerous occasions by the source of this information, it may be that the victims were infected, with the feeder of the victims being the most likely vector as well as the source of transmission. Given that this would represent the first known case of a human-piscene transmission of pathogens, it is a weak hypothesis and far more likely that the symptoms were caused by a non-pathogenic, far more common and known behavioral modifier, i.e., Tony's neurosis.

All CCA members should henceforth ensure that Tony is 'well-medicated' or 'pre-conditioned' before being granted access or immediate proximity to other members' fishrooms. This should be sufficient prophylaxis and avoid any indelicate and invasive need to contact the CDC (Center for Disease Control) as well as attendant negative consequence for the CCA and its unvarnished reputation that such attention would bring. Moreover, a more thorough and clinical assessment is not possible at this time given the vector's need for extensive beauty sleep, protracted therapy and a rigorous nutritional regimen designed to overcome an addiction to Snicker's bars.

Don't thank me, pleased as always to be of service.

dogofwar

CCA Members
I've used the brand and size of food in question many, many times over the years without incident.

I think either carbon or a bio-wheel is the culprit ;)

Matt

Tony

Alligator Snapping Turtle/Past Pres
'Pluralitas non est ponenda sine neccesitate' or in the simplest of terms, "the simplest explanation is usually the best (correct)'.

Given the preponderance and repeated failure to reproduce the initial circumstance, it's patently obvious that Tony's fish are as high-strung, neurotic, excessively dramatic and desperate for attention as he is. Alternately, as the alleged symptoms have been displayed on numerous occasions by the source of this information, it may be that the victims were infected, with the feeder of the victims being the most likely vector as well as the source of transmission. Given that this would represent the first known case of a human-piscene transmission of pathogens, it is a weak hypothesis and far more likely that the symptoms were caused by a non-pathogenic, far more common and known behavioral modifier, i.e., Tony's neurosis.

All CCA members should henceforth ensure that Tony is 'well-medicated' or 'pre-conditioned' before being granted access or immediate proximity to other members' fishrooms. This should be sufficient prophylaxis and avoid any indelicate and invasive need to contact the CDC (Center for Disease Control) as well as attendant negative consequence for the CCA and its unvarnished reputation that such attention would bring. Moreover, a more thorough and clinical assessment is not possible at this time given the vector's need for extensive beauty sleep, protracted therapy and a rigorous nutritional regimen designed to overcome an addiction to Snicker's bars.

Don't thank me, pleased as always to be of service.

^^^^ This is too funny, Sam.

Update: I went out of town over the weekend and Jim cared for my fish. On Saturday, he noticed that the dark marks remained on the faces of the male F. rostratus. I got home last night to observe them and they were both colored up pretty dark in breeding dress, so did not notice anything awry. Besides that symptom, I saw nothing unusual in the tank and assume that everything is fine.

Sorry for the panic, folks. It's not what I intended. It was just, well strange...

secuono

Members
Random thought, could it be the sudden change in diet? I know in other animals, it can be deadly, like horses, dogs get sick, etc.