• You liked BFD7 now you should join this forum and of course become a club member to see what CCA is all about.
  • Thank you to everyone who registered and showed up for the BIG Fish Deal #7.

Advice

Goonie

CCA Members
Picked up a huge piece of anubius Nana for next to nothing, issue is it has a bit of black algae and a population of mts. Whats the best way to kill the insurgents and liberate this fine plant?

Becca

Members
MTS are indestructible. Forget it.

For the algae, spray it with hydrogen peroxide and let it sit a few minutes, then rinse it.

Goonie

CCA Members
not even a bleach dip will kill the suckers huh ? or copper? This piece wont be going in a shrimp tank at any point morso looking at it to go into a 40 breeder with my kribs or rams

Becca

Members
not even a bleach dip will kill the suckers huh ? or copper? This piece wont be going in a shrimp tank at any point morso looking at it to go into a 40 breeder with my kribs or rams
Nope. I've had the f*ckers re-emerge from substrate that's been dry for years. I've had them survive bleach, hot water, copper (will also kill the plant), and CO2 gassing (filling a tank with seltzer). You might be able to stun them with that last one so they all fall off the plant.

Goonie

CCA Members
I'll look into that, thanks. I have the plant in a 2.5 just chilling until I can figure it out with some dirty sponges

Leffler817

CCA Members
I’ve had luck removing snails with alum. I use half a jar in a gallon of warm water and soak the plant before it goes into any tank. I usually soak the plants for 2-3 hours maybe more.