• You liked BFD7 now you should join this forum and of course become a club member to see what CCA is all about.
  • Thank you to everyone who registered and showed up for the BIG Fish Deal #7.

Admit it. You love brown fishes.

Tannin Aquatics

CCA Members
It hit me one day: I kind of favor small, grey-brown fishes. Why do I like these small , grey fishes? Why do I covet fishes that most people find rather uninteresting? I mean, lately, I'm really obsessed with Elachocharax pulcher, which is really kind of a brown and grey "cammo" colored fish. Hardly exciting. Yet, I am totally into that fish. Do I not get out enough? Am I too cool to jump on the bandwagon of sexy designer bettas and African cichlids? No- I love them. I do. Well, then why do I covet these seemingly "boring" fishes so much?

Well, could it simply be that, after several decades in the hobby- I’ve learned to be honest with myself about what I like? Perhaps I am more into the "overall" aspects of a fish than I am about their color alone. I mean, behavior, habits, environmental digs- the whole picture is what makes a fish "sexy" to me. (click to read more)