• You liked BFD7 now you should join this forum and of course become a club member to see what CCA is all about.
  • Thank you to everyone who registered and showed up for the BIG Fish Deal #7.

ACA fun

Andrew

Members
Looks like the thread got off track a bit here...

But, there are already plans in the works to have an ACA tv channel prepared formour convention. Roaming video and photo crews will record the say's hilarity, one of intrepid video editors will produce everything and it will be shown on
tv sets around the convention site. I don't see why this couldn't be thrown up on the web site as well.

Now, back to Milwaukee? What's shaking
out in Laverne and Shirley Land?

okimavich

Members
Thanks Andrew.

There is already a plan to explore the possibility of posting video from the convention next year.

As easy as it was made out to be, streaming live video is not that easy. Especially if you don't have the $5K-$10K to pay for the infrastructure, setup and equipment. Sure it's easy to buy a plane ticket, but it's not easy to build and operate a plane.

It's a great idea. But not feasible for technical, logistical, financial and legal reasons.

Let's get back to talking about the fun people are having in Milwaukee.

dogofwar

CCA Members
Somehow Li and others are able to post videos from our monthly meetings without tens of thousands of dollars in infrastructure and several man months of effort.

Does everything always need to be too hard?

Seriously folks.

The only barrier to this is that a couple speakers want to continue getting paid to recycle their presentations and won't agree to participate. Fine - why not move forward without them?

Matt

fischfan13

Banned
Somehow Li and others are able to post videos from our monthly meetings without tens of thousands of dollars in infrastructure and several man months of effort.

Does everything always need to be too hard?

Seriously folks.

The only barrier to this is that a couple speakers want to continue getting paid to recycle their presentations and won't agree to participate. Fine - why not move forward without them?

Matt

Matt, not sure if I understand.
Let me apologize in advance if I am misinterpreting your stance, but are you willing to compromise the quality of the speakers in order to get people who will allow a live stream of their talks?

Also to add, if you had a live stream of the Convention wouldn't you be hurting all of the vendors as well? You might have people who "were" going to the Convention but chose not to because they can watch it from their computers.

dogofwar

CCA Members
Bill - I'm simply saying that even if every speaker doesn't agree to have their presentation recorded, that shouldn't be an excuse for continued paralysis. Not that I don't think that it's pathetic that the aca allows retread presentations at it's annual convention and should seek to get away from it

Who's to say that vendors couldn't sponsor commercials or demos or their logos on the videos that we post. Seems like an opportunity to reach a wider audience than just attendees. Most accept orders on the Internet these days

There's a lot about attending a convention that watching online cant replace. People will continue to attend in person. Maybe even more

Matt

Matt, not sure if I understand.
Let me apologize in advance if I am misinterpreting your stance, but are you willing to compromise the quality of the speakers in order to get people who will allow a live stream of their talks?

Also to add, if you had a live stream of the Convention wouldn't you be hurting all of the vendors as well? You might have people who "were" going to the Convention but chose not to because they can watch it from their computers.

okimavich

Members
For a plethora of reasons, the idea of streaming live video from the convention has been nixed. So let's get back to talking about Milwaukee here.

If you want to take the discussion about Speakers and their willingness to be recorded, please take it another thread.

Thanks.

dogofwar

CCA Members
I'm talking about making recorded (not live) videos available...shortly after the actual presentations.

I guess you've decided it's a bad idea so...no more discussion

Matt

Emacman

I just returned home from this years ACA and joined your website at Pat's invitation. I can tell you that the CCA group you had there were loud and proud and represented you all very well! The video was absolutely hilarious and I am looking for a link to it. Pat said it would be posted last night. Anybody have any ideas?
Can't wait until next July to see you all in person.
Emacman

SubMariner

Master Jedi & Past VP
Finally home! Fish put away:) Need a Serious Power Nap that will last days. LOL!

We had a Super Fantastic Time in Milwaukee;) Stories will come later, let me get some rest.

Tony

Alligator Snapping Turtle/Past Pres
I'll toss up a few stories when I get a chance.... work is nuts today after missing a few days.

Suffice to say, it was slam hoppin'. :D

Anyone take pictures?

NOTE to ALL: Please only show pictures of me with clothes ON! :eek:

And c'mon guys, edit any stories as need be so I look like a Saint. ;)

And what's that bumber sticker you mentined George? What happens in the ACA STAYS AT THE ACA!!!!!!!!!!

Turns out this was my 5th ACA convention, and while one of the best overall, no doubt it will PALE in comparison to my experience at next year's event :)

SubMariner

Master Jedi & Past VP
NOTE to ALL: Please only show pictures of me with clothes ON! :eek:

And c'mon guys, edit any stories as need be so I look like a Saint. ;)

And what's that bumber sticker you mentined George? What happens in the ACA STAYS AT THE ACA!!!!!!!!!!

Turns out this was my 5th ACA convention, and while one of the best overall, no doubt it will PALE in comparison to my experience at next year's event :)

Love it!!!:lol::lol::lol: That's right, What happens in the ACA STAYS AT THE ACA!!!!!!!!!!

fischfan13

Banned
Richard, Richard, Richard...
Don't ever underestimate a Jersey Boy from 1000 miles away...I have my people :rolleyes:
BTW, is that a Twenty?

Richardaca.jpg

Pat Kelly

CCA Member
Staff member
Sorry, have not been on since I got back.
Still under the weather.

The idea of recording the convention speakers comes up every year before the convention.
It is not done for many reasons.

Here are a couple
1)You can get into the show, vendors and manufacturers for free. The only thing you pay for is the speakers. Without that the club would go bankrupt.

2) The Speakers do not allow it. If they allowed the recording to go public then they would only give the talk one time. Most, if not all, of the speakers love giving talks. They enjoy the travel and interaction with other fish people. If the talk was on youtube or somewhere, then nobody would have to go see them or invite them.

There is a recording of the talks. This is for the workers. In other words, the host club members that work at the convention, still pay to be there but, don't get to see the speakers.
So there is usually a recording of the talks that the members can borrow and see later.