• You liked BFD7 now you should join this forum and of course become a club member to see what CCA is all about.
  • Thank you to everyone who registered and showed up for the BIG Fish Deal #7.

Aca Convention 2007

Pat Kelly

CCA Member
Staff member
Thanks Bobby

Hey, a AER won the Aulonocara class and best fish in Class C. It was a small show but I was happy. The fish came out of my basement last August. :rolleyes:

maddog10

Members
I would guess that the total amount of fish entered was a lot lower than usual. I noticed, on the other forums I frequent, that many people who normally would show fish were not going to this year. A combination of long travel distances and airline policies.

OK Pat, enough resting.......stories and photos please (wedding and convention) :wacko:

Pat Kelly

CCA Member
Staff member
I sold it to an 18year old last summer. He lives in Orange county. It was not full grown but getting close.
There were 160 in the show total but only about 10 in the Aulonocara section. Ron Georgione was not there so others had a chance.

Hey Mike, let the man get some rest. He's not as young as you kids that are only forty years old. :lol:

Ahhh, so there were chances for new winners because of the low turnout...and the best fish staying home. That's good though. New winners makes for more interest in the future shows.

Pat Kelly

CCA Member
Staff member
Okay,

This years ACA was a little smaller than usual. I think last year was above 500 but I was told this year was 325.

They sure had plenty of donations like tanks and filters from manufactures.
aca2007a.jpg

There were about 160 fish in the show.
aca2007c.jpg

aca2007d.jpg

about 30 of them were Discus
aca2007e.jpg

There were plenty of pictures and paintings... Francine. I think all the pictures were in frames.
This painting was pretty cool
aca2007b.jpg

I really did not take a lot of fish pics
I spent most of my time sightseeing.
Pam Chin's house:
aca2007g.jpg

aca2007h.jpg

Lake Tahoe
aca2007f.jpg

On the way to Monteray
aca2007i.jpg

San Fran
Best I could do. There 3 days and this was the first time I could see the bridge at all. Fog.
aca2007j.jpg