• You liked BFD7 now you should join this forum and of course become a club member to see what CCA is all about.
  • Thank you to everyone who registered and showed up for the BIG Fish Deal #7.

90g Monster Build Thread

Beeman

Members
Picked up 20 Orange Von Rio tetras from House of Tropicals yesterday to use as dithers.

Ordering 8 Geophagus sp. 'Red-head Tapajos' and 8 Biotodoma Cupido from Jeff Rapps today, should have them by the end of the week.

A few roseline barbs from Msjinkzd and the tank is almost fully stocked!

Hey Mike, eager to see how it looks once all the fish are in. I am setting up a 90 also, stocked around a small group of angels. B. Cupido is on my list of desirables. Was at HOT a couple weeks ago to pick up the tank. I looked through every tank, but no cupids. Can you tell me who Jeff Rapps is, how I can contact him to order B. Cupidos? Good luck with your stocking. Keep us up to date as it progresses. Many thanks, Barry

jonclark96

Past CCA President
Hey Mike, eager to see how it looks once all the fish are in. I am setting up a 90 also, stocked around a small group of angels. B. Cupido is on my list of desirables. Was at HOT a couple weeks ago to pick up the tank. I looked through every tank, but no cupids. Can you tell me who Jeff Rapps is, how I can contact him to order B. Cupidos? Good luck with your stocking. Keep us up to date as it progresses. Many thanks, Barry

Jeff runs a website called tangled up in cichlids. He is the best source for new world cichlids on the east coast on my opinion. Overnight shipping is cheap.

Sent from my iPhone using MonsterAquariaNetwork app

DiscusnAfricans

Past President
Got the eartheaters from Jeff Rapps and the tank is coming along great!

Added 8 Geophagus sp. 'Red-head Tapajos' and 8 Biotodoma Cupido, all within the 1.5-2" range. They're a little bigger than the tetras but smaller than most of the cories. Everyone is eating well and staking out a territory. Its amusing to watch them flare and display at each other, even at this size.

DiscusnAfricans

Past President
Finally got a chance to rescape the tank with the new wood I picked up from Rachel. It took up more room than I thought but I like how it turned out. Might add a few more plants if I can find suitable types.

Stopped by Rick's Fish and Pets in Frederick over the weekend and picked up a Blue Phantom Pleco. Stocking is nearly complete. Now just have to wait for everything to grow.

withwood.jpg

DiscusnAfricans

Past President
Stopped by Exotic Aquatics last week and picked up a few more fish to fill up the tank. Picked up:

8 Von Rio Tetras
6 Scissortail Rasboras
1 Yellow-spotted Pleco (unknown L-number)

I think the tank is well-stocked and will likely just be maintaned while the fish grow. The geophagus are growing quickly and the tank stays pretty active. Very happy with how everything turned out and look forward to seeing the current fish grow. I was able to take a few pics after borrowing Tony's camera (thanks again). I haven't had the chance to do any cropping or other photo manipulation, but here are a couple of shots.

DSC_0489.jpg

DSC_0484.jpg

DSC_0504.jpg