• You liked BFD7 now you should join this forum and of course become a club member to see what CCA is all about.
  • Thank you to everyone who registered and showed up for the BIG Fish Deal #7.

90g Monster Build Thread

DiscusnAfricans

Past President
At the January meeting, I was fortunate enough to win a 90 gallon setup sponsored by Monster Aquarium Network. The house was near capacity with tanks, so I decided to upgrade a 55 community tank to a 90 gallon.

Its awesome to have such great people in the club to call friends. Chris (Reel Addiction) was nice enough to take the tank home for me, store it for about a month, paint the back, and deliver it to the house. Michael (Danger Chicken) came over to help bring it in.

The stand is a new and interesting design. It has an enclosed back with 2 small holes for cords, and a door on the side to allow for sumps or small tanks to slide in/out. Generally the doors of most stands won't accomadate anything larger than a 10g unless you put the tank in from above before setting the main tank. This design would allow for a 30g or so tank/sump to be housed underneath.

The tank is being filtered with 2 AC110's, heated with a 300W Aqueon heater. Pool filter sand substrate, a few rocks and plants, and some driftwood. Hardscaping is not finished yet as I plan to pick up some manzanita from Msjinkzd in the near future.

Current inhabitants are 15 Corydoras Sterbai, 2 fancy plecos, and 1 large Discus (temporarily). Tankmates will be added in the near future once final stocking has been determined and those fish have been located. Looking forward to creating a new community.

First picture is just starting to fill, second picture is after adding some hardscape, and water. Thanks again to Li and MAN. Pictures will be added as the tank develops.

waterstart.jpg

aftersetuph.jpg

YSS

Members
very nice mike you shoulda got the discus at the meeting :)

Posted via mobile.capitalcichlids.org

Yes, very nice set up. It would look real nice with bunch more discus. :)

Just curious, who was selling discus at the meeting?

msjinkzd

invert junkie
i will pick through the wood. I can picture a nice piece offset to the left to compliment the other one. See ya saturday!

DiscusnAfricans

Past President
Thanks for holding on to the wood for me! Sorry I couldn't make it up this weekend, but look forward to catching up with you soon. Will hopefully be ordering fish soon.

msjinkzd

invert junkie
No worries! It isn't costing me anything to have it sit here. It has an invisible sold sticker on it, lol. No pressure, no rush!

DiscusnAfricans

Past President
Picked up 20 Orange Von Rio tetras from House of Tropicals yesterday to use as dithers.

Ordering 8 Geophagus sp. 'Red-head Tapajos' and 8 Biotodoma Cupido from Jeff Rapps today, should have them by the end of the week.

A few roseline barbs from Msjinkzd and the tank is almost fully stocked!