• You liked BFD7 now you should join this forum and of course become a club member to see what CCA is all about.
  • Thank you to everyone who registered and showed up for the BIG Fish Deal #7.

75 gallon help

LiluDallas

Chairpersons
Staff member
I have a 75 gallon tank. After the BFD and several meetings, I can't ignore my tank needs to be resealed.

I'm a greatt diy'er(made that up).

Please if anyone can help me reseal it. I'm afraid with my vision, I'll cut into the wrong seam.

DiscusnAfricans

Past President
I have a 75 gallon tank. After the BFD and several meetings, I can't ignore my tank needs to be resealed.

I'm a greatt diy'er(made that up).

Please if anyone can help me reseal it. I'm afraid with my vision, I'll cut into the wrong seam.
Your best bet is to cut and reseal all seams, trying to partially reseal can lead to bigger problems (from what i hear) if you're not careful.

I'm by no means an expert since I only did it once, but it was a successful reseal. I cut out all exposed silicone from every seam and resealed the entire tank, but did so without taking it apart. Its been holding fine for at least a year without issue so far.

LiluDallas

Chairpersons
Staff member
Your best bet is to cut and reseal all seams, trying to partially reseal can lead to bigger problems (from what i hear) if you're not careful.

I'm by no means an expert since I only did it once, but it was a successful reseal. I cut out all exposed silicone from every seam and resealed the entire tank, but did so without taking it apart. Its been holding fine for at least a year without issue so far.
I'm just going to try it.