• You liked BFD7 now you should join this forum and of course become a club member to see what CCA is all about.
  • Thank you to everyone who registered and showed up for the BIG Fish Deal #7.

525 gallon Acrylic Aquarium

eden2020

Members
Tank

Ya know.. I'd get it BUT was looking for something over 600 gallons.

Ok- just kidding, but a beautiful tank. How the other half lives..

-marc

verbal

CCA Members
No dollar/gallon sale for big acrylic tanks? lol

I showed my wife the ad and she mentioned something about Disney Vacation. Maybe I can convince the kids an indoor swimming pool is better jk

Plenipotentiary-at-large
Emulate/envy not the wasi'chu

How the other half lives..
-marc

More like the other half of a percent - classic ostentatious macho appointments from the leather on the wall, faux-arty nude photos, and the ridiculous sums spent on creating a mini-nightclub ambiance. Clearly a modern renaissance man - yuck.

Really good chance the guy that owned that tank never even got his hands wet - hardly "living" in my view if so - more of something akin to cerebral m******bation.

Jefft

Members
Sam..

"Really good chance the guy that owned that tank never even got his hands wet - hardly "living" in my view if so - more of something akin to cerebral m******bation."

The ad on Craigslist says it was in the movie "Heat" so what you are looking at is a movie set. Doesn't everyone live like this in the movies? Let's not mention the fact that sharks in a squared off tank should be and is considered abusive as they get damaged bumping into the corners.

Plenipotentiary-at-large
Non sequitur

So is that a dedicated movie set or a location set from someone's home? I'll wager on the latter.

ezrk

Members
It weighs around 3500 pounds after water is added. The granite adds about another 450 on the safe side.

For those of y'all who say this tank is to expensive, I can get new 240s made of acrylic for $1500 delivered.

...but can you get a (decent) stand to go with them? I have found stands are much more challenging and expensive than tanks.