• You liked BFD7 now you should join this forum and of course become a club member to see what CCA is all about.
  • Thank you to everyone who registered and showed up for the BIG Fish Deal #7.

24" x 24" x 12" rimless riparium

justin wethington

CCA Members
Here is a tank that I have had set-up for over 10 years. It is a 24" x 24" x 12" rimless (approximately 30 gallons). I have changed the fish species several times over the years but the driftwood and plants have been growing since I set it up.

20220115_171124.jpg

The giant peace lily is hydroponic and attached to the driftwood a decade ago. Its roots and the roots of the philodendron vines remove the nitrogen and nutrients from the water and I have never had an algae problem...fingers crossed! There are also several varieties of Tilisandia air plants including xerographica and tectorum. Submerged are crypts, anubias bartieri, and bartieri petite.

20211216_202245.jpg

Right now I have 13 lamprologus ocellatus yellow, 6 green neons, and a breeding trio of F2 super red longfin ancistrus. Temperature 80F, 10 hour photoperiod 6500k LED, Fluval 207 canister filter that I clean every 6 months. 1/3 water change weekly with straight tap water.

If you have any questions about submerged plants, emersed plants, hydroponics or ripariums please feel free to reach out...comments and concerns are welcome as well.

Here are some YouTube links to some of my videos on this tank.

--> tank

--> lamprologus ocellatus yellow

--> ancistrus eggs hatching in Ziss