• You liked BFD7 now you should join this forum and of course become a club member to see what CCA is all about.
  • Thank you to everyone who registered and showed up for the BIG Fish Deal #7.

180g Show Tank

SnoopFrogg

Members
cool tank idea! a huge school of tetras looks great when done right...zebra danios would be a great top fish plus are super cheap... I had 6 show male full grown congos a couple years ago... most beautiful fish I ever kept. got them from "exotic aquatics" before they went out of business (miss them so much, especially that grumpy old guy!)

dogofwar

CCA Members
The tanks coming along...

I haven't really aquascaped it yet because the giant piece of driftwood is still water-logging. I have it weighted down with a giant strawberry pot so that it won't float.

There are currently 6 Diamond tetras and a couple of dozen cardinals and neons in the tank. All of them are doing great. The dominant male Diamond tetra pretty much rules the tank. The behavior is really cool when they have the space to move around!

Still want to add a bunch more fish!

Matt

dogofwar

CCA Members
Update: 180 is doing great, although the giant wood is still in the process of sinking. Have some anubias and java fern, about 50 cardinal and neon tetras, a dozen diamond tetras and a few cories. It's a really nice tank - although still a work in progress!

On the wall in the fishroom that was made available by moving the 180g, I now have a rack with 2 55gs on top, 2 40Bs in the middle and 2 40Bs on the bottom. Mostly moved fish from the last Uruguay trip and that otherwise needed some additional space into them.

Also, replaced a rack of smaller tanks with a 3-level rack consisting of a 33L (4') and two levels of 3' 30G's.

Pictures are a challenge :)

Matt