• You liked BFD7 now you should join this forum and of course become a club member to see what CCA is all about.
  • Thank you to everyone who registered and showed up for the BIG Fish Deal #7.

100 gal tank bottom frame

mscichlid

Founder
I bought this tank and it has been outside. Unfortunantly all that friggin snow and ice caused the bottom frame to crack in two places. Anyone know where I can get a new one?

Prince

The ONE who is The ONE
I ordered a frame from tropical lagoon. Long as you know the make Steve can get it for you.

Posted via mobile.capitalcichlids.org

Tony

Alligator Snapping Turtle/Past Pres
I need a top frame for a 20L myself. :)

I have a tank that I think was originally for reptiles. It is missing part of the top frame, but the portion that is on there is one of those "sliding types" for a screen top.

I've had water in it for 6 months now and really am not worried; just want it to be able to accept a glass lid to cut humidity. Right now I've got egg crate over top to keep in potential jumpers. Yeah, I'm probably being naive about it not blowing out.

Besides the top rim being different (to accommodate a screen instead of a glass lid), is the tank constructed any different? ie: If I put on a proper top aquarium frame, do I still have anything to worry about?

(not trying to thread-jack... just seemed related to the topic) :)

lonlangione

Members
If it is the tank I think it is Tony, the glass was thinner on the reptile tanks than the glass used on aquariums. They used to have disclaimers on them not to fill with water.

Lonny

Tony

If it is the tank I think it is Tony, the glass was thinner on the reptile tanks than the glass used on aquariums. They used to have disclaimers on them not to fill with water.

Lonny

Thanks sir. :)

I'll take action tonight.

Spine

Members
Tony the glass is definitely thinner. I wouldn't be surprised if they use less glue also, I would swap stuff out of that tank. I have some 30's if you need a replacement.

Tony

Tony the glass is definitely thinner. I wouldn't be surprised if they use less glue also, I would swap stuff out of that tank. I have some 30's if you need a replacement.

Will do, Kev.

I have an extra 20L to replace it with. I've just been dragging my feet on tearing down the old one.

Thanks anyway though. :)