• You liked BFD7 now you should join this forum and of course become a club member to see what CCA is all about.
  • Thank you to everyone who registered and showed up for the BIG Fish Deal #7.

The latest insanity

Becca

Members
Because the water won’t be as conducive for the South Americans that I keep due to the hardness and such

RAIN BARRELS.

At one point I tried convince my husband to let me drill a small hole in the back wall of the house so I can run an insulated line directly to the back-yard barrels and set it to drip into this tank, but it was a tough idea to sell. Now that the tank is in place, it'd be pretty damn difficult.

bossanova

Members
RAIN BARRELS.

At one point I tried convince my husband to let me drill a small hole in the back wall of the house so I can run an insulated line directly to the back-yard barrels and set it to drip into this tank, but it was a tough idea to sell. Now that the tank is in place, it'd be pretty damn difficult.
If you already got a 300 plumbed to the house, I don’t see how a couple rain barrels would be that hard of a sell :)

Becca

Members
If you already got a 300 plumbed to the house, I don’t see how a couple rain barrels would be that hard of a sell :)
Oh, I have 5 rain barrels, I've just been unsuccessful convincing anyone to let me run water into the house from them.

JLW

CCA Members
I know that. Either way I can smell the chemicals in the water.
Odd -- I wonder if that's something else you're smelling that you might want to get checked out -- something funky entering your local water supply. We actually have /really/ low levels of chlorine in MoCo, especially from the Patuxent. Potomac water is a bit higher, but not terribly.

Aquatica87Heaven

CCA Members
Odd -- I wonder if that's something else you're smelling that you might want to get checked out -- something funky entering your local water supply. We actually have /really/ low levels of chlorine in MoCo, especially from the Patuxent. Potomac water is a bit higher, but not terribly.
Must be the construction around me.

Aquatica87Heaven

CCA Members
So you don’t use prime?