• You liked BFD7 now you should join this forum and of course become a club member to see what CCA is all about.
  • Thank you to everyone who registered and showed up for the BIG Fish Deal #7.

Anyone need stainless steel air valves or 3 mil fish bags?

DiscusnAfricans

Past President
Found someone selling the remnants of a fishroom, and they have a ton of stainless steel air valves, the Jehmco self-tapping type. They're used, but look to be in good shape. They're $2 each new, or $1.80 in bulk, used ones are being sold for $1 each. They have up to 200. I could set them outside for pickup, or hold onto them until the next CCA meeting.

They also have 3 mil bags in the following sizes: 8x20, 4x18, 6x20, 8x12, & 10x22. I'll have to check on quantities/prices and post if anyone is interested.

They also have a roll of clear silicone tubing, it's 350 feet, and they only want to sell the whole roll. Price is only $20, but they're not a commercial shipper, so shipping would extra. I can ask on the difference if anyone is interested.

Good opportunity to set up an air system, or replace materials if your current one is aging.

I'm planning to upgrade mine from 1/2 inch to 1" or larger. Eventually might order a new air pump, as the one I have is older, but still going strong. I'd like to replace it while it's still working, and keep this as a backup.

Anyone thinking about setting up something new/different while they're at home?

Freakgecko

Members
I would be interested in some of the air valves, possibly the whole roll of tubing. That’s like airline tubing, right?

b considine

a dude playing a dude disguised as another dude
Late to the party. I was going to suggest you grab it all, as club supplies, and sell as requested. I'm regularly looking for airline tubing. And, I'm in the market for valves.

Blaise

DiscusnAfricans

Past President
I’ll take 20 of them. No need for them now, but plans for a fish room within the next 5 years so I’ve been trying to stock up
Sure Kyle. Definitely worth stocking up when prices are cheap, and it'll help spread the expenses over time. You never know when you might want to build a small loop or manifold as well.

DiscusnAfricans

Past President
Late to the party. I was going to suggest you grab it all, as club supplies, and sell as requested. I'm regularly looking for airline tubing. And, I'm in the market for valves.

Blaise
In theory it sounds good, but I don't want to have to store it in the hopes that it eventually sells. Just figured I'd offer the deal so that if anyone wants to take advantage they could. Around 140 valves left if you want to invest for future use, profit, or good will.

DiscusnAfricans

Past President
Update on bag types and prices, found out that most of the bags are actually 2 mil, so those are available at the below prices. Just consider you'll need to add a little extra for shipping cost share.

Kordon Breather Bags 7x14 Qty 100 = $60 (Set of 25 is $15 or 50 is $30)

Poly Bags 2 mil 4x18 Qty 100 = $3.00

Poly Bags 2 mil 6x20 Qty 100 = $3.00

Poly Bags 2 mil 10x22 Qty 100 = $7.00

Let me know if anyone is interested, still plenty of valves available as well.

DiscusnAfricans

Past President
I'll probably wait until the end of the week to confirm numbers and have the box sent next week. Most bags are claimed other than breather bags but I'll confirm numbers later. Plenty of valves still available, currently I have 30 for Kyle and 20 for Chris (he changed) so possibly up to 150 more still available.

DiscusnAfricans

Past President
Last call on valves and bags. Still plenty of valves available.

Breather bags still available, as well as 3 mil 8"x20" bags at $8/100.