• You liked BFD7 now you should join this forum and of course become a club member to see what CCA is all about.
  • Thank you to everyone who registered and showed up for the BIG Fish Deal #7.

Any ideas on an african algae eater?

Goonie

CCA Members
It would be with 2x Senegal's 2x african ropes 1 african knife, 1 african butterfly, a school of congo tetras and if I can find a larger african tetra maybe some of them aswell. I am not looking for a glass cleaner here mostly something to help with algae on plants such as the stubborn BBA and that green felt like algae.

Edit: oh and one synodonis

Last edited:

Goonie

CCA Members
Would large black Molly's work ? I know that eventually they would be food and every thing in there would eat the fry but I am ok with that.

Becca

Members
OMG. aquaticclarity aquaticclarity , who is doing a BFD group buy, is selling Congo Garras. I ordered 3 for specifically this reason. There's also a species of parasicydium (sicyops type gobies) that does a good job with filamentous algae, but finding them is not necessarily easy.

Goonie

CCA Members
I'm fairly sure work that week end and am not off until 5PM would those work with my stocking ? If so I may have to figure something out.

Becca

Members
I'm fairly sure work that week end and am not off until 5PM would those work with my stocking ? If so I may have to figure something out.

Honestly, nothing will work long-term with your stocking. Depending on size these may work longer than others. Your best bet would be to email him directly and ask. He's got a lot of knowledge when it comes to oddball fish from Africa.