• You liked BFD7 now you should join this forum and of course become a club member to see what CCA is all about.
  • Thank you to everyone who registered and showed up for the BIG Fish Deal #7.

Oak Leaf Litter

b considine

a dude playing a dude disguised as another dude
I have an iphone, on which I somehow completely deleted the mail app. Once I get my sh** together, I'll post.

But Ian's photo is pretty much what I was aiming for.

Matt--I wouldn't use the green one.

Blaise

FishEggs

I have an iphone, on which I somehow completely deleted the mail app. Once I get my sh** together, I'll post.

But Ian's photo is pretty much what I was aiming for.

Matt--I wouldn't use the green one.

Blaise

What falls in the water, falls in the water. I have no control over that. But those were just what was laying on my deck and I snapped a quick photo. I use an android phone and just used chrome to upload the photo. No mail app needed. Don't know if you can do that with iphone though.

captmicha

Members
Is there anything to be aware of when adding leaf litter to an aquarium? Other than watching water parameters, especially pH to make sure nothing goes crazy. I have a huge oak tree in the back yard (several actually) and am thinking of bagging up a bunch of the leaves to use as leaf litter in my tank.

I have a number of Apistogramma in the tank, as well as a bunch of corys that I think would really appreciate the leaf litter as hiding spots, adding to the overall natural look of the tank etc. Assuming I just collect the leaves, wash them off, dry them out and then add a few to the tank.

Thanks.
I've used both oak and magnolia.

I like the magnolia (and others that break down similarly, where they skeletonalize) better than the oak bc the oak just kind of breaks into pieces and clogs suction on the gravel vac and filters.

But I haven't had water parameter problems with either.