• You liked BFD7 now you should join this forum and of course become a club member to see what CCA is all about.
  • Thank you to everyone who registered and showed up for the BIG Fish Deal #7.

Winter is coming...Club Elections too!

dogofwar

CCA Members
Each year in October, CCA holds elections for its Board of Directors (or BOD).

We really need folks to step up and nominate yourself or others for the following positions:
  • President
  • Vice President
  • Secretary
  • Treasurer
  • Corresponding Secretary
  • 4 x Member at Large
We also need someone - on the board or otherwise - to serve as chair of The Big Fish Deal 6 (in March 2018).

The club runs entirely on volunteers. You don't need to be a great fishkeeper or someone with 50 tanks to serve on the BOD. You just need to want to help out, contribute and take a little initiative. This is a great opportunity to give something back to the club that has done so much for you and the hobby in our region.

We will be naming an election coordinator in the next week to whom to send your nominations and self-nominations. In the meantime, please consider running and think about with whom you'd like to serve.

Thanks,
Matt

dogofwar

CCA Members
Joshua Wiegert will be the election coordinator for the club election.

If you would like to nominate yourself or someone else for a position, please message JLW JLW

Election voting will occur at the October meeting, so please plan to attend!

Thanks,
Matt

dogofwar

CCA Members
Although not technically part of the board, we are also seeking someone to serve as the CCA webmaster.

Please let me know if you're interested...

Matt

JLW

CCA Members
Hey guys, I do NOT reliably see PMs on here.
Please DO NOT message me.
Please e-mail BatfishAquatics@gmail.com with any nominations.

Again, please don't send me PMs on here. I have to remember to check them as the notifications appear randomly at best. That especially goes for questions and stuff about orders, too. :)

dogofwar

CCA Members
Please email Josh with your nominations...

Matt

Each year in October, CCA holds elections for its Board of Directors (or BOD).

We really need folks to step up and nominate yourself or others for the following positions:
  • President
  • Vice President
  • Secretary
  • Treasurer
  • Corresponding Secretary
  • 4 x Member at Large
We also need someone - on the board or otherwise - to serve as chair of The Big Fish Deal 6 (in March 2018).

The club runs entirely on volunteers. You don't need to be a great fishkeeper or someone with 50 tanks to serve on the BOD. You just need to want to help out, contribute and take a little initiative. This is a great opportunity to give something back to the club that has done so much for you and the hobby in our region.

We will be naming an election coordinator in the next week to whom to send your nominations and self-nominations. In the meantime, please consider running and think about with whom you'd like to serve.

Thanks,
Matt

dogofwar

CCA Members
Please get your nominations and self-nominations in... We really, truly need some fresh folks to step up and help the club :)

Matt

dogofwar

CCA Members
Please get your nominations and self-nominations in!

Don't think that "you're not qualified" or otherwise not capable of being on the Board of the fish club. We really just need people who want to make meetings and events fun, want to grow the membership and otherwise contribute to keeping the CCA the best fish club in all of the land.

You can do it. Don't be shy. Please step up.

Matt

JLW

CCA Members
Remember the club only works if people step up to help!

Right now, we need new members for the "Member at Large" position. There aren't enough nominations to fill it.
We also need new blood coming into the other positions, as well.

dogofwar

CCA Members
If you appreciate having great speakers, auctions, raffles and fun at club meetings...or enjoy attending The Big Fish Deal, now is your time to help out.

It's not a big burden, doesn't require any specialized training, skill or expertise.

Just a desire and interest in seeing the CCA continue the level of service that we've come to expect to our members, sponsors and fishkeeping community in the area.

It's actually a lot of fun. But many who have been in charge for several years straight need a break to re-energize.

Matt

Remember the club only works if people step up to help!

Right now, we need new members for the "Member at Large" position. There aren't enough nominations to fill it.
We also need new blood coming into the other positions, as well.

b considine

a dude playing a dude disguised as another dude
There was, conveniently, one nominee for each position and just enough at large nominees to fill the slots, so by voice vote, the new board was confirmed. Peaceful transition of power and whatnot....

So, congrats to the new board! Now, gimme free stuff!

Blaise

jonclark96

Past CCA President
Pretty sure you were elected, Cory.

Micheal O'Shea is the president. Shawn Leffler is VP. Manuel continues as Treasurer. Jim Peck is one of the secretaries. I think I remember Caroline and Matt Q as other member. I can't remember the other two (my apologies!).

CSnyder00

Bearded Wonder
You guys let Leffler in as VP?! There goes the neighborhood.

And if I was elected, I was unaware of any nomination and won’t be able to make board meetings.

FishEggs

Just checked the Executive Board link under About CCA and it still has last year's board up. Jon is still president. Lol