• You liked BFD7 now you should join this forum and of course become a club member to see what CCA is all about.
  • Thank you to everyone who registered and showed up for the BIG Fish Deal #7.

October Meeting

Leffler817

CCA Members
It's a still a ways off, but I miss seeing you all already!

October 14, 2017 the Capital Cichlid Association hosts:

Steve Edie

“The Name Game: A Classification Permutation”
- a tongue in cheek take on the ever changing
nomenclature of fish.

Steve Edie has been keeping fish since the Eisenhower administration. (ref: Wikipedia) He has kept almost every kind of fish available, and some that weren’t. He now keeps about 1,100 gallons of freshwater aquariums, with a preference toward Rift Lake Cichlids. He has had good success in maintaining many different species and moderate success at breeding them. He is the past President and Treasurer and current BAP Chair of the Missouri Aquarium Society. He served on the Board of Trustees of the American Cichlid Association, but was paroled after two terms.

He once kept a saltwater tank for about a year, but has promised never to do it again.

Edie-pic.jpg

Becca

Members
Why did I think October was Jeff Michels? Oh well... now I can finally find out what my fish are classified as... this week :).

dogofwar

CCA Members
Meetings are almost always the 2nd Saturday of the month at JFK HS in Silver Spring. Doors open at 1 PM and meeting starts at 2 PM. We need to be out by 6 PM but usually end by 5 or 5:30 PM...

Hope to see you there!

Matt

Where is the meeting held and what time?