• You liked BFD7 now you should join this forum and of course become a club member to see what CCA is all about.
  • Thank you to everyone who registered and showed up for the BIG Fish Deal #7.

Aquafest auction

verbal

CCA Members
It's yours :)

Matt

It will likely being taking its talents to the Tag Sale.

Speaking of the tag sale, it is a good place for not just dry goods but also plants and fish. IMO most plants would do better in a tag sale. Something like hornwort or guppy grass probably won't get more than a couple bucks(which won't go to the seller) in an auction. However if someone just won a new colony of guppies, they might be willing to pay $5 or $6 bucks for a big clean bag of it. Even stuff like vals or swords that sell better have a ceiling on their price, so why not try to get that in the tag sale.

verbal

CCA Members
Some nice plants(with good prices) just got posted to the tag sale.

Some nice plants with good prices just got posted to the tag sale:

123 Round Pelia, softball size. Easy cover for fry and shrimp $9.00
124 Java Moss, softball size. Easy cover for fry and shrimp $9.00
125 Hygrophila. corymbosa 'angustifolia', easy hygro for beginners tank $10.00
126 Java Fern, easy popular plant for aquarium. low light not demanding $10.00
127 Java Fern Windeslov, variety of the popular Java Fern. Not demanding beginners plant $10.00
128 Needle Leaf Java Fern Low to medium light. Attach to driftwood or rock Beginner plant. $10.00
129 Hemianthus callitrichoides /Baby dwarf tears; carpeting plant for the front of aquarium. Need good light and fertilization for looking the best $10.00

chris_todd

Members
So I'm a little confused about the tag sale. These items are not auctioned, right, they are just sold at the listing price (which decreases throughout the day)?

verbal

CCA Members
So I'm a little confused about the tag sale. These items are not auctioned, right, they are just sold at the listing price (which decreases throughout the day)?

That is correct. The "Min Bid" is used for the original price. The lowering prices does a lot to prevent things from being leftover at the end. I don't recall much if anything that could have sold at auction being left over in past tag sales.

Pat Kelly

CCA Member
Staff member
List is growing. like 174 and climbing
I have not put mine on there yet.
Depends on how much time I have when I get off. Don't know how many fish if any I will have time to catch today.

mrkillie

Members
Usually have to leave your drivers license in order to get your bidder's card to secure payment.

Jon

FYI -If anyone cares, this practice is illegal. A driver's license is government property, not personal property, and it can not be used as collateral. Checked this with several lawyers. The club(s) would be in a heap of trouble if they took someone's license and that person got pulled over for some reason and told the officer that PVAS (or other club) took their driver's license.

Similarly, you can not hold a credit card, as it is the property of the lending institution, not the cardholder.

You can take information off of either so that you can follow up if that person does decide to run off without paying.

Ading522

Members
FYI -If anyone cares, this practice is illegal. A driver's license is government property, not personal property, and it can not be used as collateral. Checked this with several lawyers. The club(s) would be in a heap of trouble if they took someone's license and that person got pulled over for some reason and told the officer that PVAS (or other club) took their driver's license.

Similarly, you can not hold a credit card, as it is the property of the lending institution, not the cardholder.

You can take information off of either so that you can follow up if that person does decide to run off without paying.

Thanks for the information..but I do not think you can leave without paying or collecting back your license so I don't think anyone will get pulled over by the cop and say that the club has their license.. Plus. Its a VERY important thing you wouldn't dare leave without.. When you check in as seller or buyer at the auction the hold it,and you get it back when you leave or pay..

Sent from my XT1060 using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

dogofwar

CCA Members
An opposite (similar) legal opinion:

http://www.avvo.com/legal-answers/can-an-employer-hold-onto-your-driver-s-license-to-527978.html

Could any of these places demand to hold onto your ID? Sure, why not? Generally speaking, if you will, anyone can demand almost anything of anyone. You don't necessarily have to comply with their demands, of course, and depending upon the circumstances there may or may not be some recourse with your refusal. But making a demand typically isn't in and of itself illegal....

If you don't want to give someone your ID, then simply don't. But don't be surprised if you're then denied something because of it.

Matt

Pat Kelly

CCA Member
Staff member
Left work early
fish bagged
car packed
changing cloths next and then headed into the traffic
Oh what fun it will be. LOL

mchambers

Former CCA member
Nope

Oh..I didn't know they had that option..so you pay after the item gets to you? How does it work?

Sent from my XT1060 using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

I don't think this is an option.

If you're really worried about leaving your license or card, just give them your smartphone!