• You liked BFD7 now you should join this forum and of course become a club member to see what CCA is all about.
  • Thank you to everyone who registered and showed up for the BIG Fish Deal #7.

NBA PLAYOFFS ITS FANNNNNNNNTASTIC!!

George

CCA Charter Member and person in charge of the we
On the same note, basketball fan or not, I sure would like to see Denver play Orlando.

George

So as good as the refs were at letting them play and letting the teams decide it last night with Orl/Cle is as bad as the refs tonight in the LA/Den game.....the last five minutes of this game have been horrible on the refs part, its been bad going both ways but I cant remember hearing so many whistles in the last couple minutes of the game in a long time. Got to give Denver credit though, they havent missed from the free throw line....something like 18 straight I think.

UNCLERUCKUS

"THE ALL POWERFUL Q !!
carmello and billups were on a mission. im loving anthony getting in there and grabbin all those boards. you are right about the refs.

He said at the end of the game it was cramps but I dont believe it with the way he was hop stepping...I am with you on the twisted ankle angle. Melo was awesome with the offensive rebounds.....

Here come the refs again....David Stern has to be pissing himself with how unentertaining the refs are making this 4th quarter.....three charges fouls in three consecutive trips down the floor.....the first one I was ok with, the other two there were definitely some happy feet....you know its bad when the last 12 minutes take an hour.....

Jumbie

Members
Could you guys believe that game winning 3 pointer by L.J. last night?THAT WAS CCCCRRRAAAZZZYYY!!! :jumping0045:

SO, is anybody still watching the playoffs??? Or is everyone scared that we might not get a Kobe vs James finals???? Nobody seems to have a comment on the playoffs, and we have seen two big butt kickings these past few days.I think that the playoffs are great (so far) but the last game of each series has been anything but close. Denver smacked the Lakers like it was their son :fighting0097::spanka:and the Magic show to be a better team AND if it wasn't for a Lebron heroic shot they would be down 3-0. I will say one thing, I am very dissapointed in Andrew Bynum. I thought this was his series to show that he belongs with the big boys, but I guess he is just not ready for the big show. Can you smell it, Magic is in the air;)
ITS FANNNNNNNNTASTIC!!

UNCLERUCKUS

"THE ALL POWERFUL Q !!
ive been watching and all i can say for bynum is at best he is playing 75-80% from that knee injury he had (which is no excuse by any means). i did think that flagrant call at the end was a bs call. true i was a hard foul but he was clearly attacking the ball in all the replays they showed. he didnt hit the player like some other fouls that i saw w/o whistles. sometimes i wonder if the refs see the same game we do. lebron has been...well he s been lebron lol! he stepped up big and has done what he always has tried to do and thats win and bring a title home to cleveland. speaking of nasty fouls how about the guard for cleveland with 4, yes, four stitches over his eye. isnt that the same face that had the swollen lip like quasimoto the other night. time to hit up modells for a facemask bro! lol! somebody tell that youngman from denver hes not supposed to drain 3's like that against la! not! man was he on or what with those daggerish threes to the writhering black mamba or what. i wonder who hes gonna blame if they lose to carmello? blame #8, #24 or whichever he is this year. ok all jokes aside kobe had a nice night but turnovers and rebounding did them in period.

I managed to miss the games this weekend, Saturday I caught UFC 99 with my neighbor instead of the Magic wiping the floor with the Cavs, the Lakers game wasnt close when I clicked it on so I tuned out and did some stuff in the fish room.

What do you guys think about the Chinese company buying a minority interest in the Cavaliers? Is this so that Cleveland has the capital to really pursue Lebron to try to convince him to stay away from New York? The Nets have really been working it......what amounts to tampering in the NBA ala Redskins and Haynesworth in the NFL?

Jumbie

Members
They are trying to do what ever they could to keep LBJ who wouldn't LOL. Jayz is his boy so I think he is still going to leave and when Orlando wins the series LBJ will realize that the Cavs suck LOL. If he could bring the Cavs to the playoffs on his own then he could do it for any team.

UNCLERUCKUS

"THE ALL POWERFUL Q !!
They are trying to do what ever they could to keep LBJ who wouldn't LOL. Jayz is his boy so I think he is still going to leave and when Orlando wins the series LBJ will realize that the Cavs suck LOL. If he could bring the Cavs to the playoffs on his own then he could do it for any team.
i agree. the only thing keeping him there now is that hes the local kid turned "chosen one" and its the only place hes ever known as home. since joining the nba his horizons have broadened as well as his dreams. i just dont think orlando will win. imagine the $$$ generated bt lebron vs kobe.....vs howard vs bryant.....not hardly attractive. the finals would be like this years ncaa finals....BORINGLY MISMATCHED!

UNCLERUCKUS

"THE ALL POWERFUL Q !!
I managed to miss the games this weekend, Saturday I caught UFC 99 with my neighbor instead of the Magic wiping the floor with the Cavs, the Lakers game wasnt close when I clicked it on so I tuned out and did some stuff in the fish room.

What do you guys think about the Chinese company buying a minority interest in the Cavaliers? Is this so that Cleveland has the capital to really pursue Lebron to try to convince him to stay away from New York? The Nets have really been working it......what amounts to tampering in the NBA ala Redskins and Haynesworth in the NFL?
some things ill never understand like the chinese company buyiny a majority intrest. this falls into the same category as radio city and a few other american treasures owned by foreign entitys. i dont agree with that at all.like selling mount rushmore. you dont. unfortuneately they did!

Last edited:
They only purchased a minority interest(15%) and its supposedly at the behest of the NBA as they continue to try to globalize the NBA brand and have apparently brought in foreign investor groups to about a third of the NBA teams now.

It goes both ways though.....look at how many Americans now own English Premier League soccer teams....except in that case the Americans bought the entire team.