• You liked BFD7 now you should join this forum and of course become a club member to see what CCA is all about.
  • Thank you to everyone who registered and showed up for the BIG Fish Deal #7.

NBA PLAYOFFS ITS FANNNNNNNNTASTIC!!

UNCLERUCKUS

"THE ALL POWERFUL Q !!
hahahaha may snooz, although funny, I will disagree up to a certain point. Pro basketball games tend to get better as each round goes by especially the conference championships. Did you see last nights game Denver vs LAL? That was a battle all night long.....Denver should've won........ March madnees is good but sometimes you get bad final fours and final games like we did this year. North Carolina Just looked like they were a league above everyone else and made me look good in my picks :) I think tonight will be a good game too. I pick Orlando in 6 ONLY BECAUSE OF MY DISLIKE OF QUEEN JAMES! not because I believe it will happen. BTW.......HOW IS IT THAT LA CLIPPERS GET NUMBER ONE AGAIN AND THEY NEVER SEEM TO BUILD A GOOD TEAM (3 times now)?? IT SHOULD HAVE BEEN THE WIZ WITH THE NUMBER ONE PICK WE NEED THABEET OR BLAKE NOT THE CLIPPERS!!!
last nights gm was white hot! denver blew thit letting la steal that. carmello was putting on a clinic with those rebounds. the clippers get that pick cuz they suck worse then the wizards do. i know its hard to believe but alsa its true. orlando in 6 and CRACK KILLS! only way that happens is if they kill lebron today and cleveland is buried in a sinkhole....NOT! orlando is in for a clinic i wont go past 5 possibly a sweep.:eek: there isnt a easter bunny, no santa , no tooth fairy and no magic!

Hopefully no children were hurt in the writing of this forum.....last nights game was better than anything I watched in March Madness. I love college ball more than pro ball any day of the week but that game was awesome to watch.

As for the picks, I now sincerely hope that the Wiz package off some expiring contracts with the pick to bring in a solid perimeter shooting big man like Chris Bosh of Toronto or Tayshaun Prince from Detroit.

Not much absolute talent that is ready to contribute at the five spot.

UNCLERUCKUS

"THE ALL POWERFUL Q !!
sad to say but wash hasnt had a backcourt since they had wes unseld back in the day and they were called the bullets(wizards what a pc joke). until they commit to a solid center and power forwards they will never have what it takes to make it in the nba and its playoffs. simply put. maybe they need to lose just ike the clippers have so they can get a decent draft pick. then again there front office doesnt make wise choices in drafts or trades. :confused:

They did lose like the Clippers this year.....they lost just as many but ended up getting the fifth pick because of how the lottery works. They get a percentage of codes of ping pong balls. There are 1001 combinations of the five balls and the league hands out 1000 of those codes. The worse your record is the higher the percentage of codes you get. The Wizards had the second highest percentage of codes but did not get one of the first three picks. This means that from pick four to the end the league assigns picks in the first round by record.

The Clippers were the team with the third highest percentage of codes but ended up getting the first pick. The Memphis Grizzlies got the second pick and Oklahoma City Thunder got the third pick. This meant that Sacramento with 17 wins got the fourth pick and Washington with 19 wins gets the fifth pick.

Washington needs people to stay healthy. They have a solid power forward in Antwan Jamison and a versatile two/three all star in Caron Butler. They have Gilbert Arenas if he gets healthy as a point/shooting guard. Brendan Haywood was respectable last year at center but broke his wrist at the beginning of the season and only played six games. He usually goes for 10 points and 8 rebounds, he is a solid 7 footer and they have Javale McGee who is up and coming as another 7 footer inside(last years first round pick), they have some other "big guys" but talent is questionable in those bodies(Pecherov 7 feet, Blatche 6'11", Thomas 6'10", Songaila 6'9". The other big injury for them this season was Deshawn Stevenson, who is a shooting guard that missed over half the season to injury that was a solid 11 point per game guy backing up Caron and Gilbert Arenas when he wasnt starting at the 2 spot. Injuries cost this team three players for the majority of the season that averaged 50 points per game combined(Arenas 28.5, Stevenson 11.2, Haywood 10.6). Thats a tough road to climb considering the talent level of the teams in the NBA isnt separated by much. Thats the difference in a 40-45 win season vs a 19 win season.

The biggest thing that they are missing is a swing guy that is solid shooting the three, but also is strong defensively(Chris Bosh or Tayshaun Prince) or a true point guard(Rip Hamilton from Detroit) but in Flip Saunders offense assuming it hasnt changed much a true point guard isnt really needed.

Jumbie

Members
That game last night was great! I am still going for Denver, and I think the L.A. and Denver series is going to go 7 game. I think the west just has too much talent for the east to handle. For those of you going for the Cavs to take all, you better start praying that the Lakers beat the Nuggets.
Lets be honest there is no way the Cavs players could match up with physical Denver players. Check it out Chauncey Billups vs Mo Williams (No Williams is not physical enough and is to small to handle Billups), J.R Smith Vs Delonte West (HA...HA...HAHAHAH.... If you think that West could take Smith your crazy, Smith could just jump over West and again Smith is just to physical of a player), let me skip to the end Denver would have Melow on James that would be the best match up out there because they both could match the others physcial level and are both dominate palyers. James might be able to take it to the hole a lot stronger than Melo but not by much, and Melo could out shoot James any day of the year. This is why I think the Nuggets and the Cavs would be a great Championship game.

UNCLERUCKUS

"THE ALL POWERFUL Q !!
thanks cuz i didnt know. i was just informed thanks cuz i dont follow the scrubs ..i mean wizards. too depressing for my taste(grew up DR J/SIXERS fan). you are right up till you put in
"Washington needs people to stay healthy. They have a solid power forward in Antwan Jamison and a versatile two/three all star in Caron Butler. They have Gilbert Arenas if he gets healthy as a point/shooting guard. Brendan Haywood was respectable last year at center but broke his wrist at the beginning of the season and only played six games. He usually goes for 10 points and 8 rebounds, he is a solid 7 footer and they have Javale McGee who is up and coming as another 7 footer inside(last years first round pick), they have some other "big guys" but talent is questionable in those bodies(Pecherov 7 feet, Blatche 6'11", Thomas 6'10", Songaila 6'9". The other big injury for them this season was Deshawn Stevenson, who is a shooting guard that missed over half the season to injury that was a solid 11 point per game guy backing up Caron and Gilbert Arenas when he wasnt starting at the 2 spot. Injuries cost this team three players for the majority of the season that averaged 50 points per game combined(Arenas 28.5, Stevenson 11.2, Haywood 10.6). Thats a tough road to climb considering the talent level of the teams in the NBA isnt separated by much. Thats the difference in a 40-45 win season vs a 19 win season.

The biggest thing that they are missing is a swing guy that is solid shooting the three, but also is strong defensively(Chris Bosh or Tayshaun Prince) or a true point guard(Rip Hamilton from Detroit) but in Flip Saunders offense assuming it hasnt changed much a true point guard isnt really needed. "
haywood has been a joke since he left unc. he is like sam bowie .... just a big 7' flop. jamison and butler are solid players but they need a true center to make the formula work.those other bodies are just what they are other bodies and not anyone in the league would be scared to take it to the hole on them. you are 100% right w/ the swing men too except that washington traded flip to detroit. wait washington traded wallace, flip, and rasheed to detroit and they won a nba championship. 3 of the starting 5 were wizards and looked like totally different players out thereplaying team ball like all stars. makes you wonder if washington is the east coastversion of the clippers.

Jumbie

Members
thanks cuz i didnt know. i was just informed thanks cuz i dont follow the scrubs ..i mean wizards. too depressing for my taste(grew up DR J/SIXERS fan). you are right up till you put in
"Washington needs people to stay healthy. They have a solid power forward in Antwan Jamison and a versatile two/three all star in Caron Butler. They have Gilbert Arenas if he gets healthy as a point/shooting guard. Brendan Haywood was respectable last year at center but broke his wrist at the beginning of the season and only played six games. He usually goes for 10 points and 8 rebounds, he is a solid 7 footer and they have Javale McGee who is up and coming as another 7 footer inside(last years first round pick), they have some other "big guys" but talent is questionable in those bodies(Pecherov 7 feet, Blatche 6'11", Thomas 6'10", Songaila 6'9". The other big injury for them this season was Deshawn Stevenson, who is a shooting guard that missed over half the season to injury that was a solid 11 point per game guy backing up Caron and Gilbert Arenas when he wasnt starting at the 2 spot. Injuries cost this team three players for the majority of the season that averaged 50 points per game combined(Arenas 28.5, Stevenson 11.2, Haywood 10.6). Thats a tough road to climb considering the talent level of the teams in the NBA isnt separated by much. Thats the difference in a 40-45 win season vs a 19 win season.

The biggest thing that they are missing is a swing guy that is solid shooting the three, but also is strong defensively(Chris Bosh or Tayshaun Prince) or a true point guard(Rip Hamilton from Detroit) but in Flip Saunders offense assuming it hasnt changed much a true point guard isnt really needed. "
haywood has been a joke since he left unc. he is like sam bowie .... just a big 7' flop. jamison and butler are solid players but they need a true center to make the formula work.those other bodies are just what they are other bodies and not anyone in the league would be scared to take it to the hole on them. you are 100% right w/ the swing men too except that washington traded flip to detroit. wait washington traded wallace, flip, and rasheed to detroit and they won a nba championship. 3 of the starting 5 were wizards and looked like totally different players out thereplaying team ball like all stars. makes you wonder if washington is the east coastversion of the clippers.

Dude again you nailed it right on the head. LOL I hope the wizards could make it to the Playoffs next year.

George

CCA Charter Member and person in charge of the we
hahahaha may snooz, although funny, I will disagree up to a certain point. Pro basketball games tend to get better as each round goes by especially the conference championships. Did you see last nights game Denver vs LAL? That was a battle all night long.....Denver should've won........ March madnees is good but sometimes you get bad final fours and final games like we did this year. North Carolina Just looked like they were a league above everyone else and made me look good in my picks :) I think tonight will be a good game too. I pick Orlando in 6 ONLY BECAUSE OF MY DISLIKE OF QUEEN JAMES! not because I believe it will happen. BTW.......HOW IS IT THAT LA CLIPPERS GET NUMBER ONE AGAIN AND THEY NEVER SEEM TO BUILD A GOOD TEAM (3 times now)?? IT SHOULD HAVE BEEN THE WIZ WITH THE NUMBER ONE PICK WE NEED THABEET OR BLAKE NOT THE CLIPPERS!!!

I guess I have to give you something for that. It does get intense as the end comes. Problem is B-Ball is a snooze altogether when hockey is on. I happen to be a Blackhawk fan and there are no B-Ball playoffs for me. Myopic I guess. G--Da-- Red f------ Wings. I knew this was going to be tough but at least they aren't the crapitals.

George

Jumbie

Members
How bout that Orlando game last night...great show all the way down to the last second. I can't remember when the last time the playoffs were so much fun!

I guess I have to give you something for that. It does get intense as the end comes. Problem is B-Ball is a snooze altogether when hockey is on. I happen to be a Blackhawk fan and there are no B-Ball playoffs for me. Myopic I guess. G--Da-- Red f------ Wings. I knew this was going to be tough but at least they aren't the crapitals.

George
Ouch!!!! Had to mention the CAPS! That's alright I'll give that cheap shot ;) I reallywish that the Red Dings and Henguins will not make the finals.

i know its hard to believe but alsa its true. orlando in 6 and CRACK KILLS! only way that happens is if they kill lebron today and cleveland is buried in a sinkhole....NOT! orlando is in for a clinic i wont go past 5 possibly a sweep.:eek: there isnt a easter bunny, no santa , no tooth fairy and no magic!
Crack does kill, but I am not on it:p
I don't want to say I told you so, BUT I will admit, I do not think that orlando will win ( I picked them because OF MY DISLIKE OF QUEEN JAMES) the series but it will go past 5 games, I will say the full 7. I told you Orlando matches up well with Cleveland. Mo williams or Delante West can't cover Pietrus, Turkulo or Lewis. Big Z trying to play with Dwight Howard is a JOKE:pound: Lebron was out there by himself last night and if it wasn't for his 49 points, they would've got crushed. Like I said several posts back, Orlando just has better match ups, and the only reason why I think the Cavs can win this series is Lebron and the playoff experience the Cavs have. As much hating that I do on the man LBJ, I do respect his abilities and talent.

UNCLERUCKUS

"THE ALL POWERFUL Q !!
rashad lewis 7/8 from both sides of the court along with alston really put a dagger in the cavs last night in that 105-103 win last night. that was some game. my hat goes off to orlando for coming back through a hard 16 pt defecit. the magic players dug deep even though howard stayed in foul trouble. everytime cleveland would try and pull away in the 4th qtr they would nail a much needed 3. OUCH! lebron played so hard he was catching cramps. maybe more running practices instead of trick shots? lol i had to throw that in. CRAZYCLOWTANG I KNOW YOUR HAPPY!:party0003::pound:
looking forward to gm 2 and the rest of this series. FANNNNNNNNNNNNNNNTASTIC!!!!

UNCLERUCKUS

"THE ALL POWERFUL Q !!
Crack does kill, but I am not on it:p
I don't want to say I told you so, BUT I will admit, I do not think that orlando will win ( I picked them because OF MY DISLIKE OF QUEEN JAMES) the series but it will go past 5 games, I will say the full 7. I told you Orlando matches up well with Cleveland. Mo williams or Delante West can't cover Pietrus, Turkulo or Lewis. Big Z trying to play with Dwight Howard is a JOKE:pound: Lebron was out there by himself last night and if it wasn't for his 49 points, they would've got crushed. Like I said several posts back, Orlando just has better match ups, and the only reason why I think the Cavs can win this series is Lebron and the playoff experience the Cavs have. As much hating that I do on the man LBJ, I do respect his abilities and talent.
UNCLERUCKUS <------- OUT LOOKING FOR ROCK TO HIDE UNDER FROM CHRISTIAN TILL GM 2 :pound::fighting0097:

rashad lewis 7/8 from both sides of the court along with alston really put a dagger in the cavs last night in that 105-103 win last night. that was some game. my hat goes off to orlando for coming back through a hard 16 pt defecit. the magic players dug deep even though howard stayed in foul trouble. everytime cleveland would try and pull away in the 4th qtr they would nail a much needed 3. OUCH! lebron played so hard he was catching cramps. maybe more running practices instead of trick shots? lol i had to throw that in. CRAZYCLOWTANG I KNOW YOUR HAPPY!:party0003::pound:
looking forward to gm 2 and the rest of this series. FANNNNNNNNNNNNNNNTASTIC!!!!

FO SHO BRO! You know I am happy:D. There is MAGIC after all :cool: If both series continue the way they started we are in for GREAT GAMES the rest of the way. And to quote a great fish keeper its "FANNNNNNNNNNNNNNNTASTIC!!!!";)

It was a great game. Glad that the refs didnt run roughshod during the last few minutes and let them play. You could tell that Cleveland had taken eight days off(Lebron wasnt the only one having cramps....several players reportedly had IVs at halftime and after the third quarter)

Jumbie

Members
I was joking with a few friends to day and said that he was really crying because he lost, then realized that he was still on TV and tried to use the cramp as a cover up.
I was just joking, I know it was a real cramp and he did play his heart out.

I was just pointing out the fatigue factor....Magic had the stamina that comes with playing real games and the Cavs did not.....shows how early success can sometimes bite you back....the "best" defensive team in the NBA couldnt stop water through a paper towel at the end of the game....its good to see Lebron look human though

UNCLERUCKUS

"THE ALL POWERFUL Q !!
thats the curse of the long wait between games. it lets you rest up when you need it but at what cost? bet we wont see anymore goof off practices on espn :p. one other point, if howard isnt careful he may stay in foul trouble. i saw a couple of no calls last night that woulda had him on the bench and out early if they had. even the commentators saw it.

Yeah Especially when Mo Williams was called for "running into a wall" aka trying to fight through Howard's sliding pick with forward extension of elbow to Williams face.....there were several others as well.....although on the whole the game was pretty rough, Varejao on the other side got away with quite a few as well. Did you see the side of Delonte West's face.....that was definitely the beginning of a big purple lip....although I missed how he managed to get clipped like that.