• You liked BFD7 now you should join this forum and of course become a club member to see what CCA is all about.
  • Thank you to everyone who registered and showed up for the BIG Fish Deal #7.

ECC & CCA GROUP BUY W/ DAVES RARE FISH

longstocking

Members
I am interested in a m/f pair of Lamprologus ocellatus and Lamprologus Meleagris. But I have a few questions. Can I keep both pairs in a 10 gallon? Will Pool filter sand work as a substrate? Where can I find the shells they need?

Both of these fish are best kept in harems, not pairs. Really a 20 gallon is best for both of these species and not in the same tank.

Sorry for the bad news:(

similis
multies
brevis

The above three species are good for a 10 gallon tank.

Prince

The ONE who is The ONE
Thanks for the info Sarah I'll stick with the Meleagris and I have a spare 20 gallon free. does 1m to 3f ratio sound good.

longstocking

Members
That would be a good ratio.... I personally like to keep 6 or more in a 20 gallon. Crowding them seems to work better for me at least.

RIFT_LAKES_RULE

Member of the Darkside Tang's Rule!
Prince, Julie has authentic Neothauma shells from the lake. I got some from her a month or so ago. They're in great shape and can't beat her prices ;)

Tony

Alligator Snapping Turtle/Past Pres
Put my order in yesterday evening. Got a few new fish and a few to pad out a group I already had. :)

fischfan13

Banned
not even close bill :FIREdevil: and hows that new york car runnin for ya?

The kid at the rental agency was too stupid to understand what I was trying to tell him...
"NY plates are not good, except if you are in NY".
Neat little pocket rocket, though. I was zipping in and out of traffic on 95, went to get a quick bite to eat before the meeting but then got lost. MY brand new GPS does not work and I got lost. I missed my way on 198 and then made another wrong turn.
Next thing I know I am making a turn and the GPS says "Five miles down the road"...and I realized I found my way back to Layhill.