• You liked BFD7 now you should join this forum and of course become a club member to see what CCA is all about.
  • Thank you to everyone who registered and showed up for the BIG Fish Deal #7.

Zebra Plecos (L46)

Perenti11

Members
Hi, I have some Zebra Plecos up for sale as I am trying to fund other projects. I have had these guys for about two years and have done very well for me. They are eating flakes, frozen blood worms, and frozen brine shrimp. The 2.5 in. are going for $250.00 and 2 in. are $200.00. If you are interested, and would like to come by and see them(excuse my lack of photography skills), shoot me a text (240) 593-7020 or email me at perenti11@gmail.com. Thanks for looking!!

008.jpg

010.jpg

009.jpg

George

CCA Charter Member and person in charge of the we
Not hardly. It figures Matt. Just a loyal member giving his buds first shot, right?

George

Nathan

Members
Are these guys still considered uber-rare? seems like everyone that can afford it are trying to breed 'em

These fish grow slowly and have a low fecundity (your lucky to get 12-18 fry a year). With the only supply from the wild being blackmarket these fish will always be expensive.

Andy

rich_one

Members
I wonder where the OP lives. He does have a 240 area code number, which would indicate Maryland, and he did offer that folks can drive by and see the fish. Not that I'm defending a guy I don't even know, because I'm not. But that is a bit more than what most 1st posting, $100+ fish selling drive-by posters offer. LOL...

-Rich

George

CCA Charter Member and person in charge of the we
These fish are still pretty rare but I think you should hold out for better prices. Hundreds, maybe thousands, of them make the trip from Brazil to exporters in Peru (first hand knowledge). In the past they all went to Asia but it looks like the Asian market may be nearing saturation and some of them are being offered here. They are going to get cheaper soon I believe.

Just don't blow that kind of money on a fish that isn't much better looking than an L134 or L204.

George

PS. Michael Barber may come home with some.