• You liked BFD7 now you should join this forum and of course become a club member to see what CCA is all about.
  • Thank you to everyone who registered and showed up for the BIG Fish Deal #7.

Young Hobbyists

zackcrack00

Members
I am 13 years old and I am DEFINITELY huge into the hobby. (as much as my mother will let me, anyway :) ) There is no one, and I mean NO ONE in my middle school who is as into it as I am, so I was just wondering if anyone would like to chat, so I'm not completely alone here. I am a boy, and I met someone really nice at Aquamania who was selling "Super red bristlenose plecos", and I was wondering if I could reach him through this site. Does anyone know of anyone my age I could hang out with that is a MALE and young, around 13??? Thanks guys, and see you tomorrow!

jonclark96

Past CCA President
Welcome to the forum. Although we do have a younger membership than most clubs around, there aren't a while lot of teens. I'm glad you have decided to check out the CCA. Start talking to your folks now about the April meeting. It would be a great place for you to get to put some faces with names and start new friendships. I know there are a few members in your age group that come to meetings.

Hope to see you there.

Jon

Sent from my iPhone using MonsterAquariaNetwork app

Greengirl

Members
Welcome to the club. I started out just like you around your age, but 10 years ago this club didn't seem to exist. I am glad that I joined and everyone is really friendly and full of great advice. Feel free to ask them any questions. And if you live in the area, the club meetings are definitely a great place to meet more hobbyists and experts. I think we have another young dude in the group, but I have noticed that all the members are very inviting. Don't hesitate. Hope to meet you at the next meeting.

Jefft

Members
yup Sure is Zack..

I am 13 years old and I am DEFINITELY huge into the hobby. (as much as my mother will let me, anyway :) ) There is no one, and I mean NO ONE in my middle school who is as into it as I am, so I was just wondering if anyone would like to chat, so I'm not completely alone here. I am a boy, and I met someone really nice at Aquamania who was selling "Super red bristlenose plecos", and I was wondering if I could reach him through this site. Does anyone know of anyone my age I could hang out with that is a MALE and young, around 13??? Thanks guys, and see you tomorrow!

Welcome to the forum young man and the other young man you are looking for is named JMoore on our forums he is 14. Drop him a line you have the same passions.

Welcome to the forum!

I'm a mom who has two little boys ages 7.5 yo and 6 yo, so unfortunately they are too young for you to hang out with. But I'm happy to see young hobbyists interested in our hobby. My 7.5 yo has just gotten interested in breeding simple fish like guppies, platys, and red cherry shrimp and a few of the easier aquatic plants.

You'll find that we a great group of fish geeks who can give you advice of fish and plant keeping. I know that I met a young man at AquaMania who was into breeding Apistogrammas, but I forgot his name.

Arlene