• You liked BFD7 now you should join this forum and of course become a club member to see what CCA is all about.
  • Thank you to everyone who registered and showed up for the BIG Fish Deal #7.

YFS Food Debate

chriscoli

Administrator
Very Veggie is what I'm feeding mine right now. I have used some of the others in the past, too, and they were fine. Mine were not big fans of the super-soft spirulina, although I know other folks that swear by it.

AquaStudent

Members
Haha four people and four different comments. I had a feeling this was going to be path this topic takes :)

I was thinking the Cichlid Cravers for my 29g planted (apisto, aspidora, pencilfish, ancistrus).

daninmd

Members
wait, people have mbuna that don't like certain foods? that's news to me. mine will attack my fingers, let alone food.

AquaStudent

Members
The question is also not so much will they eat it but what is best for them. That may not be an easy question to answer (other than a generally broad statement: varied diet)

DiscusnAfricans

Past President
Bill @ YFS is a good guy and will answer questions on specific foods. If you go with a food based on spirulina or vegetables you should be fine, but he can probably give you some insight on what the foods were designed for. I use tropheus flakes and green supreme pellets for my mbuna and they love it.