• You liked BFD7 now you should join this forum and of course become a club member to see what CCA is all about.
  • Thank you to everyone who registered and showed up for the BIG Fish Deal #7.

Yellow lab fry

chris_todd

Members
When we picked up a bunch of Malawi cichlids from danger_chicken (BTW, Thanks, Mike! They're all doing great!), one of the females was holding, and she spat her brood during transport. We fished out several of the fry, and four survived, and are currently about 3/4" long, and cohabitating nicely with some espei rasboras in a 7g bowfront.

We don't have a tank to put them in when they grow up, so I'll probably give them away at some point. About how big do people let them get before selling/trading/giving them away? The tank they're in now can probably hold them until they're 2 inches long, but not much more.

TheWire

Members
When we picked up a bunch of Malawi cichlids from danger_chicken (BTW, Thanks, Mike! They're all doing great!), one of the females was holding, and she spat her brood during transport. We fished out several of the fry, and four survived, and are currently about 3/4" long, and cohabitating nicely with some espei rasboras in a 7g bowfront.

We don't have a tank to put them in when they grow up, so I'll probably give them away at some point. About how big do people let them get before selling/trading/giving them away? The tank they're in now can probably hold them until they're 2 inches long, but not much more.

you can basically give it away when they are even 3/4"...or if you really want to save them..dump them into main tank around 1"....they will survived as long rest of the tank is mbuna ..lol

drop into the main tank..mix them juv with adults..kinda cool looking btw

glenfoxman

Members
I have the 2 yellow labs in a 29 gallon and 12 kamampa front fry will go into the 29 until my 125 gallon cycles. So, they will all be in the 29 for about 2 weeks. I should have waited for the 125 to cycle but Kapampas seem difficult to find so I got them when I found them. _______________________________________Website I designed for pay day company.