• You liked BFD7 now you should join this forum and of course become a club member to see what CCA is all about.
  • Thank you to everyone who registered and showed up for the BIG Fish Deal #7.

Xenotilapia papilio Mvuna

longstocking

Members
runnningaround.gif
This week in the fish room has been GREAT !
runnningaround.gif

I was looking up at the top tank on one of my racks today, deciding if I wanted to do a water change on the tank or not. I have a group of 10 Xenotilapia papilio 'Mvuna' in the 30 gallon tank. They all fight with each other (I think there are actually a couple pairs in the tank ) ... constantly! I was going to start moving things around and pull the 'pairs' out and give them their own tanks next week. Well, I guess I don't need to
coool!.png
I spotted a female holding 10 minutes ago. I have no idea which one is her mate, but I guess time will tell
coz.gif

I don't have any pics of mine but here is a link to one....

http://www.reservestockcichlids.com/product.php?productid=121&cat=6&page=1

Great week for me in the fishroom
becky.gif
Now to get a certain Petrochromis going
mad2.gif
mad2.gif
mad2.gif

longstocking

Members
It's keeping me very busy this year :)

Yes, it's their first spawn :) I've had them for a while... I've been raising them up to breed :) I love sand sifters especially Xenotilapia. Aggression is minimal with these peaceful fish, even if they do fight. They always display their fins and strut around the tank. I have a few rocks in the tank and I guess they spawed on those. Even though it's a sand dweller it's always good to have rocks in with them.