• You liked BFD7 now you should join this forum and of course become a club member to see what CCA is all about.
  • Thank you to everyone who registered and showed up for the BIG Fish Deal #7.

WTS/T: 4 red belly piranhas

Becca

Members
Large (7-10 inches). They eat pellet food and have been kept well, in a 150 gallon planted aquarium.

$20 each or reasonable trade.

Becca

Members
Not on hand, but I can get some when I get home. The tank is in the basement and the flash goes off, so they always come out with a bad glare. Will post some from home tonight.

Becca

Members
Photos attached.

Tank has a bit of an algae bloom from the lights my hubs recently put on it. El Cheapo refuses to buy lights that are made to grow plants, so now he's growing algae instead ;-).

IMG_3693.jpg

IMG_3692.jpg

IMG_3689.jpg

IMG_3682.jpg

IMG_3672.jpg

IMG_3693.jpg

IMG_3692.jpg

IMG_3689.jpg

IMG_3682.jpg

IMG_3672.jpg

blkmjk

Members
Not my cup of tea.... But they are beautiful! God luck with the sale!

Drew

NO GOOD DEED SHALL GO UNPUNISHED !

Becca

Members
Thanks - we love them, but we're ready to move on - we'd like to be able to do more with the tank but we care enough that we don't just want to send them anywhere (hence, no Craigslist postings).

In retrospect, I would not have helped my husband set up his first piranha tank 11 years ago if I'd realized we'd later end up dating and married - I would've talked him into a different fish!

Becca

Members
Anybody? We are not far from the CCA meeting location. I might even be able to pack them up and bring them to the meeting, although it would be less stressful for them if they didn't have to sit in rubbermaids through the meeting.

Andrew

Members
You might call House of Tropicals to see if they are interested. They'll give you store credit for them if they want the piranhas.

Becca

Members
We want to know they are going to someone good and I don't get the impression that HOT fully vets piranha purchasers :-/. I used to work at the Aquarium Center, so I know that many customers interested in fish like this will often come back a month later looking for replacements.

Jefft

Members
Tell us how you feel...

"Tank has a bit of an algae bloom from the lights my hubs recently put on it. El Cheapo refuses to buy lights that are made to grow plants, so now he's growing algae instead ;-)."

"El Cheapo":pound:

Talk to the guys at the smithsonian zoo in the Amazonia department. A client of mine just donated some discus to them and they might take these guys too

Becca

Members
I can't figure out how to edit it, but my husband pointed out that I put a typo in the price. He was hoping to get $30 each or sell all 4 for $100, of course that's a moot point right now... LOL!

NYfan78

Members
Planning a large tank build soon and was looking at doing a piranha tank. Are they swimmers or do they just hide all the time?? Tell me more about them please. Thanks!

Sent from my iPhone using MonsterAquariaNetwork app

Becca

Members
They are tentatively spoken for by gravel_digger... If something changes, I will let you know.

Whether they hide all the time or swim around depends on how many you have (a nice size school of at least 5 or 6 is good) and how your tank is laid out. Before I got my hands on them, these guys hid as much as they could in their sparsely decorated tank. When I convinced my husband to let me plant the tank (he was sure he'd never see them again) they got bold and active. You can see that we have a lot of driftwood and java fern in our tank.

They can live a long time and are pretty hardy.

Planning a large tank build soon and was looking at doing a piranha tank. Are they swimmers or do they just hide all the time?? Tell me more about them please. Thanks!

Sent from my iPhone using MonsterAquariaNetwork app